• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The only way these rides would work in a supposedly elite theme park long term is if you created a whole themed land for them around the classic fun fair.

Maybe call it the 'UNfair ground' or something along those lines. A creepy and twisted classic fairground theme would be pretty cool if they pulled it off well.

Can't wait to see the back of them though personally as that idea of mine will never happen let's be real. They certainly don't belong in X Sector and Forbidden Valley and I seriously hope they are gone after this season.

The only way these rides would work in a supposedly elite theme park long term is if you created a whole themed land for them around the classic fun fair.

Maybe call it the 'UNfair ground' or something along those lines. A creepy and twisted classic fairground theme would be pretty cool if they pulled it off well.

Can't wait to see the back of them though personally as that idea of mine will never happen let's be real. They certainly don't belong in X Sector and Forbidden Valley and I seriously hope they are gone after this season.
Out of all areas of the park I think they fit best in X-Sector

Would be enough for them to turn off the tacky lights on them and change the music.
Agreed. Itā€™s almost as if the park want to draw maximum attention to the fact they are travelling flats by making them as tacky as possible. They donā€™t require their own soundtrack - the ambient music of the area is enough. Vinyl them up to match the colour schemes of the areas in which they are placed and give them area specific names.

Spinjam - Marmaliserā€™s Revenge
Funk n Fly - Valley Sweeper

You get my drift.

Surely thatā€™s a better option which wouldnā€™t cost a penny more?

I do miss the music on Spinball and Rita as it passed the time queuing. So I donā€™t mind the Retro squad music.
They could easily market the Retro squad as follows after traveling to and from Alton Towers after 3 years they want to stay so they transformed to fit into there surroundings.

Well we expected it at least. It looks more out of place than Funk'n'Fly and Spinjam. I know they all do, but this one most of all I think.
The only positive is at least this year we're not looking at a dead ride in an overgrown area.
EDIT: Saying that, at least it has black, yellow and orange colours to match Oblivion & The Smiler.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.