• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Two out of three of the Retrosquad are currently unavailable. Luckily it's an off-peak day so their absence shouldn't have been too much of an issue.

Funk’n’Fly is useless but it’s unusual for Spinjam
I have no idea why they have kept Funk'n'Fly so long, surely the part of the point behind the RetroSquad rides is that they can remove/switch them out when needed with little negative effect so why would you choose to keep something that is such a reliability, closed rides just look bad on Towers. You can bet the showman wouldn't accept this on the fair circuit where it would be losing them money every day.

I have no idea why they have kept Funk'n'Fly so long,
Me neither. It was always the most unreliable of the Retrosquad from Day 1.

Last edited:
It's not even the same ride as when Funk N Fly first opened at the Resort, the one that came to the park last season was brand new and currently hasn't operated outside the park. There were even whispers that Towers were going to buy the ride outright, although I'm uncertain of this considering how unreliable both models have been.

The Ripsaw spot definitely needs to be on Merlin Magic Making's development plan as it's prime real estate for a support attraction.

Just got this email from Towers... Just marketing or a subtle hint?

Screenshot_20230402-110914.png

Also... A friend who was at the park yesterday and rode Twistatron mentioned that every so often the music stops and an evil laugh plays. I'm pretty sure that something will happen with the Retrosquad at Scarefest.

Last edited:
Is the evil laugh not just a stock default fairground jingle, regardless I agree I think something will happen especially how the story looks like Twistatron is a sinister force (for us a god send) sent to destroy the retro squad.

Is the evil laugh not just a stock default fairground jingle, regardless I agree I think something will happen especially how the story looks like Twistatron is a sinister force (for us a god send) sent to destroy the retro squad.
Ahh yeah, there is a default one actually I think. I'm probably talking rubbish then. :oops:
The cobwebs could be a clue, though.

Last edited:
Why do I have a feeling that this whole destruction of the retrosquad under the bridle of twistatron has the potential to develop into some kind of madness like those who visit the park as Advocates for The Smiler. Mind you I say that like it's a bad thing, when I am trying to put together an advocate outfit myself. 🤣

Why do I have a feeling that this whole destruction of the retrosquad under the bridle of twistatron has the potential to develop into some kind of madness like those who visit the park as Advocates for The Smiler. Mind you I say that like it's a bad thing, when I am trying to put together an advocate outfit myself. 🤣
They what now?

Will these be back again next season as I don't see any plans for any permanent flat rides?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
What plans are you expecting to see? The areas they'd likely install one wouldn't require planning permission (unless the installation was bigger than they'd be likely to get planning permission for, i.e. above the treeline).

Did all 3 retro squad rides today. First time on Twistatron after having done the others before. Thoughts (on them as rides, not the fact that are just plonked there.
Funk’n’Fly- best cycle they’ve ever given me on there, must’ve been at least 2 minutes per each tilt, much better than I remember, also seems MUCH more reliable than before.
Spinjam - great ride but why have they massively shortened the cycle? Used to be longer than that!
Twistatron - I was actually enjoying it, until it was at its most vertical and at its top speed. Feels like the restraints really start to dig into you and feels uncomfortable. The fact I did all the other rides in X Sector either 2 or 3 times says it all about this one really. It will be a once per visit ride for me this season

For some unknown reason (i.e. there was no queue), I gave Twistatron a go on Saturday. Not a fan, the seats must be some of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever seen on a ride, and when it does go vertical you are really pushed in to the restraint and there is a lot of sliding around.

Not one I'll be doing again.

For some unknown reason (i.e. there was no queue), I gave Twistatron a go on Saturday. Not a fan, the seats must be some of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever seen on a ride, and when it does go vertical you are really pushed in to the restraint and there is a lot of sliding around.

Not one I'll be doing again.
This is when I found it most uncomfortable as well. I didn’t think it was too bad until that point. Of the 5 different retro squad we’ve had, Twistatron is my least favourite of them all

Even if you try and hold yourself in place like I did it doesn’t work all too well to be honest. It was quite fun until it was at its most vertical, luckily it doesn’t stay in that position for too long

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.