• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Simple: BURN THEM
Jk Jk I do feel like they were god for 2021 but now that it's 2023 I think they need to go also we need new permanent flat rides

Had my arm twisted and rode Twistatron yesterday.

Won’t be doing it again. Long loading times, ride experience is one of the most uncomfortable experiences I have ever had on a flat ride. It made submission feel like sleeping on an expensive mattress. It’s not intense, there’s no force on it. The aesthetics of the whole ride area is awful too.

I was holding off out of respect to Enterprise, I will be sending my feedback to Alton Towers in the hope they reconsider bringing something like this back again.

Absolutley vile ride, worse thing I've ever had the misfortune to have ridden.

Simple: BURN THEM
Jk Jk I do feel like they were god for 2021 but now that it's 2023 I think they need to go also we need new permanent flat rides
I don't think there are any plans for permanent flat rides. Cannot see any until project horizon is complete.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So my opinion of this is, we are currently seeing unprecedented levels of Capex at Alton Towers. The money going into rides right now matches and possibly even surpasses a period in the 90's

So I do not think it is out the realm of possibility that some permanent attractions will come. I feel though, that rather than buy a lot for a season, they may do one at a time.

I feel we potentially have the greatest chance of the one in FV being replaced for next year with something more permanent. The others later on.

I have a feeling that for the 2024 season there will be 1 new flat ride in forbidden valley, and the other two retrosquad rides in x-sector will remain.

The park will market the new ride as that the new nemesis monster has destroyed funk n’ fly and has replaced it with a nemesis related ride that the nemesis monster owns/a part of the “nemesis team” if you understand.

Then for 2025 the park will introduce a new flat ride and market it as that the smiler has destroyed twistatron and has replaced it with a smiler themed ride that is under the smilers possession.

Then for 2026 the same repeats with oblivion destroying spinjam and replacing it with a new ride part of the oblivion theme in its possession. However, with this one i could potentially see it not being oblivion themed as oblivion could be on the cards for removal and replacemeny in the next 5-10 years or so in my opinion.

If the park haven’t thought of this, it would be a good idea.

My flat ride plan….

Huss Top Spin on Funk n Fly’s site named as “Valley Sweeper”, obviously with a similar theme as Ripsaw

Wave Swinger on Roller Disco’s site named as “Canopy Swing” themed as a large tree where you swing over the tree canopy

Smashing Jump on Enterprise’s old site named as “The Marmaliser”, themed similarly to the Marmaliser on The Smiler.

A playground aimed at older kids on the site of Spinjam named as “The Initiator”, themed as some sort of outdoor camp to recruit new recruits into the Ministry of Joy.

The above would give a good mix of a thrill flat, a family thrill flat, a family flat and an area in X Sector for older kids to enjoy if they don’t want to tackle the two coasters there.

Merlin, can I have a job?

My flat ride plan….

Huss Top Spin on Funk n Fly’s site named as “Valley Sweeper”, obviously with a similar theme as Ripsaw

Wave Swinger on Roller Disco’s site named as “Canopy Swing” themed as a large tree where you swing over the tree canopy

Smashing Jump on Enterprise’s old site named as “The Marmaliser”, themed similarly to the Marmaliser on The Smiler.

A playground aimed at older kids on the site of Spinjam named as “The Initiator”, themed as some sort of outdoor camp to recruit new recruits into the Ministry of Joy.

The above would give a good mix of a thrill flat, a family thrill flat, a family flat and an area in X Sector for older kids to enjoy if they don’t want to tackle the two coasters there.

Merlin, can I have a job?
Not until you nail the marketing

Go to World of Jumanji and tell me you want more Merlin flats.

It could work with a fairly sizable cluster at Alton - i.e. 3 or 4 rides introduced at once - but not 1 or 2.

Go to World of Jumanji and tell me you want more Merlin flats.

It could work with a fairly sizable cluster at Alton - i.e. 3 or 4 rides introduced at once - but not 1 or 2.

Alton Towers have many high capacity attractions to help take the load and soak up crowds. Chessington does not have a single high capacity attractions. Making the issue I think you are insinuating, far worse than what it would be at a place like Alton Towers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.