• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Funk’n’Fly is closed again - I think this has been the third separate time this month - honestly just get rid of it, it’s not doing the job it was brought in to do, because it spends more time closed than open. It was down when I visited in may as well so it seems to be becoming more and more frequent
Probably suffering from burnout as fairground rides are just not used to being operated constantly for 10 or so hours a day every day for months.

Probably suffering from burnout as fairground rides are just not used to being operated constantly for 10 or so hours a day every day for months.
I know that - but Spinjam and Flavio’s never seem to go down, Roller Disco has the occasional off day, but Funk’n’Fly seems to be down 90% of the time. It’s as if it can’t even do a few circuits as it would on a fairground before something on it breaks

honestly just get rid of it, it’s not doing the job it was brought in to do, because it spends more time closed than open. It was down when I visited in may as well so it seems to be becoming more and more frequent
It's better to have a ride that has downtime than no ride at all. Yes, it's obviously not the perfect solution, but I'd rather have something to go on than a blank space. I've only seen it down on one of my visits this year.

With serious staffing issues, I wouldn't be surprised if Funk N' Fly is the one to be knocked off first out the Retro Squad. It resides in an area with two high throughput coasters and a flat ride opposite. Compare this to Roller Disco with one decent throughput coaster and one low throughput, Spinjam with the same nearby and Flavio's propping up DW which has nothing of throughput.

It's better to have a ride that has downtime than no ride at all. Yes, it's obviously not the perfect solution, but I'd rather have something to go on than a blank space. I've only seen it down on one of my visits this year.
I get that but it’s broke down on both of my visits and if a ride is having 90% downtime and then coming back up and then breaking again, it’s as if it’s not really there because no one isn’t getting on it

I get that but it’s broke down on both of my visits and if a ride is having 90% downtime and then coming back up and then breaking again, it’s as if it’s not really there because no one isn’t getting on it

Except people are riding it. It may be down for 90 per cent of your visits, but it has been open for 90 per cent of my visits, with people clearly riding it. Irrespective, it's still better to have something that can be ridden rather than a void of nothingness.

I'm all for a range of scale model flat rides to be fair.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Except people are riding it. It may be down for 90 per cent of your visits, but it has been open for 90 per cent of my visits, with people clearly riding it. Irrespective, it's still better to have something that can be ridden rather than a void of nothingness.
Did you ride it though Danny? Or just watch others doing so from Coffee Lounge with a beer in hand? 🤣

I must agree, it is really quite a horrid ride, I do love a paratrooper, and thought that this would be interesting, but it was just really painful. The Tivoli Extreme is the only one I wouldn't mind being installed as a permanent model themed up to X-sector/ MOJ as it fits the area well. Put it on the site of enterprise?

I must agree, it is really quite a horrid ride, I do love a paratrooper, and thought that this would be interesting, but it was just really painful. The Tivoli Extreme is the only one I wouldn't mind being installed as a permanent model themed up to X-sector/ MOJ as it fits the area well. Put it on the site of enterprise?
Could replace Spinjam with a permanent Extreme (themed into X-Sector of course) and use Enterprise's plot for another ride.

Last edited:
Yep, that's definitely an option. I think the park might have seen in the 21 season how well the area ran with 2 flats, and this might prompt an investment. I've also just realised that the clearance envelopes for Blivvy and an extreme might overlap if it was put on the enterprise sight, so that puts paid to that.

Sorry for double posting, but another point to note - I can’t see the retro squad going anywhere next year especially with Nemesis being closed. In fact, if enterprise truly is dead and they don’t pull a miracle out to save it, I actually think we’ll see the retro squad expand into 4 members, plus any changes they make to the current iteration (if any)

May aswell put a retro on the site of the huss and then get another retro for under oblivion...

It is flawed practice TBH. Given the issues with the reliability of some of them, it must cost more to pay for the use and repair of each of the the Retrosquad as appose to if Merlin had their own attraction to deal with. Then again Merlin just seem to suffer from a serious of roaring contradictions with their theme park operations.

If I was one of the showmen of one of the Retrosquad attractions and seeing how they were being run into the ground, I'd pretty much give up on Merlin and leave. God knows how the condition of each of them will be come the end of the season.

It is flawed practice TBH. Given the issues with the reliability of some of them, it must cost more to pay for the use and repair of each of the the Retrosquad as appose to if Merlin had their own attraction to deal with. Then again Merlin just seem to suffer from a serious of roaring contradictions with their theme park operations.

If I was one of the showmen of one of the Retrosquad attractions and seeing how they were being run into the ground, I'd pretty much give up on Merlin and leave. God knows how the condition of each of them will be come the end of the season.
Remember that it's staff from the showmen that are both operating and maintaining the RS rides while they are at the park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.