• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

As Sam has mentioned, I've been out to get some more photos today. And you can see a bit more than in my last update. I pleased to be able to present the first clear (in comparison to a blurry iPhone photo) photos showing that SW7 track is up in the air, I hope you like!

Ooh what's that I can see? Blivvy and one massive crane:
P1140822_zpsa08c54ae.jpg

You can see track poking up here, left of the crane:
P1140830_zpsdfe18cc2.jpg

Photos from a different location. Unfortunately the weather deteriorated somewhat whilst walking from once place to the other so these next few are a bit dull.

Level with the crane on the left you can see more of the track that was poking up before. Part of a Cobra Roll maybe?
P1140841_zps226f2a41.jpg

P1140849_zps31dbbe25.jpg

P1140872_zps53333ff4.jpg

Moving locations again. Here you can see that track from ground level:
P1140890_zps7003237c.jpg

P1140905_zpscf04f419.jpg

Not sure if piece of track is in place or not:
P1140896_zps24c9f607.jpg

This isn't very clear, but I believe this is the turn/drop out of the station:
P1140898_zps8c25910c.jpg

Some track that appears to be sticking out from the hole, though it is hard to tell of its exact location:
P1140900_zps08f529e6.jpg

P1140902_zpsf9b4774e.jpg

Finally, some photos from where everything is being stored.

Ready to move more track:
P1140875_zpsc9029225.jpg

Here you can see how much support and track has been moved away from the car parks and to the site:
P1140877_zpse71babbd.jpg

These have been delivered:
P1140880_zps9fac05c9.jpg

"Floordeck trim", can't say I know exactly what this is!
P1140881_zpsbaa2c003.jpg

Not sure if this track is new or not:
P1140882_zps49bf9a29.jpg

And there you have it. Once more of the coaster goes up I should be able to get some good photos of high points.

Please don't copy my photos without permission, and just to clarify, all photos were taken from public walkways/footpaths.

:)

I'm guessing the sticky-up bit of track is the Cobra but it seems to be at an odd angle for it.

Cracking photo's, Rob - as ever.

The viewing of the AT coasters from outside of the park really does feel like quite an achievement, given how hidden they are from mainstream locations!

Rob said:
P1140880_zps9fac05c9.jpg

Looks to me like roofing, though floordeck trim does suggest something more to do with the floor :p. Either way, the other photos are great :)

Fantastic photos Rob! Certainly looks like that track could be the cobra roll... It's definitely exciting to see how this is now really starting to come together and after months of waiting the ride is starting to actually materialise! Can't wait until the high points get done as that will provide some great views from your photo spot.

Bet the other forum will be kicking themselves. Anyway thanks for the photos, I might try and get up there sometime soon, but obviously Im really busy at work at the moment.

Brilliant photos again rob, construction looks like it's going well might pop up Sunday morning have a look round :)

Welcome to my wonderful paint skills people of TowersStreet, anyway, below I have marked in green the two sections of track that that particular piece is likely to be! :p

nemesis94s-sw7-and-x-sector-2013-120309185419010_zpsebbf57f2.jpg

(Original image taken from TS SW7 minisite!)

Thanks for the photo's Rob, it's great to see it all finally coming together! :D

Yeah I guessed it was something to hold the concrete in place while it set. Seen something similar in skyscrapper construction.

Sammy said:
Welcome to my wonderful paint skills people of TowersStreet, anyway, below I have marked in green the two sections of track that that particular piece is likely to be! :p

nemesis94s-sw7-and-x-sector-2013-120309185419010_zpsebbf57f2.jpg

(Original image taken from TS SW7 minisite!)

Thanks for the photo's Rob, it's great to see it all finally coming together! :D

I think It'll be the lower piece of track because if it was the top piece the crane wouldn't be able to lower the other section into place.

tom2224 said:
I think It'll be the lower piece of track because if it was the top piece the crane wouldn't be able to lower the other section into place.

The lower sections will most likely already be down, and the visible sections will be the top parts that have been put into place.

Great pictures Rob! Nice to see the track actually going up finally, wonder how quickly they're working? As in, how much track do they get up per day?

Islander said:
Rob said:
P1140880_zps9fac05c9.jpg

Looks to me like roofing, though floordeck trim does suggest something more to do with the floor :p. Either way, the other photos are great :)

For the geeks amongst us - judging from the label, this seems to be the stuff that's been delivered: http://www.kingspanstructural.com/multideck/index.htm

It is used to reinforce the concrete slab as you can see from this diagram:
towrs_zps3b1b23c2.jpg

So now we have some track, when can we expect to see theming? Even if it is the best rollercoaster in the world , with no theming it will get a bad reputation. Still not convinced they will get it finished in time.....:-\

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Thanks for the pictures Rob! It's great to see the track is up, and how clear you can see it from different vantage points too!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

queenofspeed said:
So now we have some track, when can we expect to see theming? Even if it is the best rollercoaster in the world , with no theming it will get a bad reputation. Still not convinced they will get it finished in time.....:-\

A lot of the theming is being made off site so just needs bolting in place. I can't see this being as polished as they would like on opening day but the major theming elements should be up hopefully.

As much as I prefer seeing theming and think it improves the ride. A coaster doesn't need it to be good. Expedition GeForce for example, the station looks awful, plays dance music in the station, pop rock around the ride area and has a shipping container shop.

It is still regarded as one of the greatest roller coasters in the world and I would agree.

However theming would make one of the greatest even better. But that doesn't mean it needs it.

If the layout is solid, the ride will be instantly popular extra theming will just improve the experience.

We just need to prey that the layout is solid. And that's mostly in Gersts hands.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Edit: that said theming will be mostly already made and added once the area is in a finished state.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.