• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Great pictures! Thank god they're actually getting on with the business of putting track up now, and seemingly doing it pretty quickly as well.

suit-you-sir.jpg

Ooooh.... SUITS YOU SIR!!!!

Oh... ooh.

Considering how things looked just last weekend, we're definitely seeing construction at speeds you would typically expect for a Eurofighter. The side near the toilet going up so quick along with the other supports which have been going in out of sight means we should see a mass of steel come opening day in March.

Those pictures of the inversion look superb (massive thanks Rob!), I just hope it's not too much of a head basher with this restraints!

I have a feeling that this thing is going more and more off-plan.

I'd love someone to make a NL knock-up when it is all done and finished, for comparison. The layout is still such a mystery, it really is great fun piecing things together.

It's the top of the bat wing Bear.

Interestingly new arial photos from TT no longer cover things up..... Not much really where the censoring was but the picture continues to build.

Exciting times

This is going to be one hell of a bang John Wardley is going to finish on. It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't even more than the rumoured 14 inversions.

Dave said:

Interestingly new arial photos from TT no longer cover things up..... Not much really where the censoring was but the picture continues to build.

Exciting times

to be fair there isnt much point now and i think AT realise that considering pictures are available from other sources.

I still dont think there will be trick track but something will happen in that space

JB1985 said:
Dave said:

Exciting times
I still dont think there will be trick track but something will happen in that space

You're bang on there. I really don't see a 'secret element' of sorts, but something different. Effects wise maybe.

I'd imagine there may be some form of pre-show type thing before the first lift. I hope so anyway!

:)

Sooo why did TT feel the need to "hide" literally nothing under those yellow boxes?....

Fantastic progress made during the last week though, this thing is going to be incredible. I know the game video isn't really a guarantee as to what were getting but after it shows inside the building it seems to launch up the lift hill. Now wether or not this has been sped up for effect I'm not sure, but as others have said, a launch up the hill into that inverted drop will be 'marmalising' to say the least ;)

Hi, Please be nice i'm new on here. a few things have struck me. I have noticed a lot of talk about John Wardley who designed the track but not many mentions about Ben Dowson (creative lead)
He was on Twitter and he posted a link to a video on youtube. the video is called "Centrifuge Brain Project" and it gives an insight on scientific experiments with amusement park rides. Please watch it and please please tell me they are not thinking about any thing like this as the secret element. I know there has been speculation about the washing machine element and a washing machine is a centrifuge after all.
Please let me know your thoughts

DonnaNemesis said:
the video is called "Centrifuge Brain Project" ... Please watch it and please please tell me they are not thinking about any thing like this as the secret element.

Not sure if serious......

DiogoJ42 said:
DonnaNemesis said:
the video is called "Centrifuge Brain Project" ... Please watch it and please please tell me they are not thinking about any thing like this as the secret element.

I really hope not but I'm sure at least one of them rides is real, it wouldn't have struck me so much if it hadn't been Ben Dowson who put it on there. Thats some really scary stuff

DonnaNemesis said:
Hi, Please be nice i'm new on here. a few things have struck me. I have noticed a lot of talk about John Wardley who designed the track but not many mentions about Ben Dowson (creative lead)
He was on Twitter and he posted a link to a video on youtube. the video is called "Centrifuge Brain Project" and it gives an insight on scientific experiments with amusement park rides. Please watch it and please please tell me they are not thinking about any thing like this as the secret element. I know there has been speculation about the washing machine element and a washing machine is a centrifuge after all.
Please let me know your thoughts

Tell me you're not being serious...

:eek:

DonnaNemesis said:
DiogoJ42 said:
DonnaNemesis said:

I really hope not but I'm sure at least one of them rides is real, it wouldn't have struck me so much if it hadn't been Ben Dowson who put it on there. Thats some really scary stuff

It's all fake and they are actors...

JayTricky said:
DonnaNemesis said:
DiogoJ42 said:
DonnaNemesis said:

It's all fake and they are actors...

I didn't think it was real but the fact that Ben Dowson put it on there implies that they are going to try to mess with our senses and i honestly think it makes the washing machine element look more likely

DonnaNemesis said:

Hi Donna and welcome. Here is a quote from a video description...

The Centrifuge Brain Project is a seven-minute mockumentary about the fictional scientific background of the project. The extreme rides are "caricatures of civilisation. In todays fun parks people are centrifuged by gigantic robots -- an expression of our desire to escape and find happiness somewhere above the ground." (Till Nowak)

Here is an interview in which I presume it is mentioned. Those however, who think this is beyond the realms of potential perhaps should do a bit more research into what the CIA etc have used... it is more than fair to say, the idea and some methods behind The Sanctuary, and faux "happy" corrective or psychological projects is very much a reality, and has been for numerous years.

One may only look toward "Happy Valley", for our Scientologist friends...

Anyway, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdM2D9pXcQ

To be honest, this sounds like chicken feed anyway compared to very many real human experimentation projects.

Prone to nightmares? I'd not research what I have mentioned any further lol!

I heard that the finale of the ride is a full session of electroshock. There are metal plates in the headrest to ensure a good connection.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.