• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can I just ask what an inverted drop actually is? Is it basically just a normal drop but upside-down? Because if it is that sounds insane. :eek:

That's true. Although I do get the impression that they want as many people as possible to play the game, not just those that are enthusiasts or take a slight interest in the park.

That's one of the things I love about this ride, there is still so much mystery to it!

:)

BowMan said:
Can I just ask what an inverted drop actually is? Is it basically just a normal drop but upside-down? Because if it is that sounds insane. :eek:

Basically a zero-G roll- possibly pointing downwards, but it may just be flat.

con-gallery-15.jpg

On the picture, it's the track on the far left and second from right. From here, they could just continue to roll back to no rotation and drop, or could have a bit of hang time whilst the track begins to point downwards.

Well that CCTV style image when the knot first started going up had the numbers 5:14 on it. 5 elements, 14 inversions? Coincidence?

Earthwürm said:
Well that CCTV style image when the knot first started going up had the numbers 5:14 on it. 5 elements, 14 inversions? Coincidence?

Interesting shout that. At the time it was widely dismissed as we were pretty convinced that there would only be the 8/9 inversions. Starting to look more likely now though!

P.S - I can't believe I just said "only" 8/9 inversions. I think this ride is causing a loss in reality. Marketing is working then!

Earthwürm said:

This is a great point Earth, at the time I thought the dismissal of probability was way too quick. If you stand back and just observe it, there have been clues along the way for numerous things, but it is easy to get so wrapped up in the excitement of development that it's hard to step back and view it objectively.

Let's put it this way, there are more than a few suggestions that whilst largely rubbished (including the inversions), I am certainly not dismissing - be they exactly as described, or someone who managed to get a sniff of the action somehow.

I wouldn't put anything past Wardley right now.

It's being marketed as 'World beating', which I think will be the inversion count.

I also think that the secret that John mentioned in his interview, will be something to do with the Spider and how it interacts with the ride. Lets face it, John is all about using 'effects' and building on the ride experience to create a unique ride - he's not the 'throw another inversion in over there to beat the record' kind of Guy. That's why I don't believe that he was referring to the inversion count, when he spoke of the 'world first' element.

Niques said:
It's being marketed as 'World beating', which I think will be the inversion count.

I also think that the secret that John mentioned in his interview, will be something to do with the Spider and how it interacts with the ride. Lets face it, John is all about using 'effects' and building on the ride experience to create a unique ride - he's not the 'throw another inversion in over there to beat the record' kind of Guy. That's why I don't believe that he was referring to the inversion count, when he spoke of the 'world first' element.

Hi Niques (oh, I didn't recognise the name! Name changing confusion ;D)), if you check everywhere they refer to it as both world beating, and containing a world's first. He said the world's first is something never been done before, that you will need to ride to experience essentially, it would be daft if that was the inversion record.

I have said as a few have that they will be two separate things - maybe one will contribute to the other, who knows, all we do know this time is John and Co are bent on keeping this a secret, which makes this speculation rather fun and quite unique. Don't recall a coaster being built so openly, yet with so little understanding of what they are actually piecing together!

EDIT:
STOP ALL CHANGING YOUR NAMES!! ;D

They can't seem to decide which one to use.

World first was used through most of last season.
World beating was then used between September and January
World first is being used again since the mini-site relaunched.

Niques said:

I'd agree that it might have something to do with the 'marmaliser', how many legs does it have? If there's only 5 maybe each leg represents a different mind-manipulating element? And when you go past it some sort of effect happens? Just a thought :)

Has anyone thought that the ride could be world beating AND a worlds first?

Lets say the inversion count will be the 'world beating' aspect of the ride. In the radio interview with John a few days ago he stated there would be a worlds first, one that has never been done before. If we were to look at it from this perspective they could have both a worlds first and an inversion count record. With only one of these being more prominent in marketing.

Of course I could be reading into this too much but then you never know, just throwing it out there. :)

James said:

Lets say the inversion count will be the 'world beating' aspect of the ride. In the radio interview with John a few days ago he stated there would be a worlds first, one that has never been done before. If we were to look at it from this perspective they could have both a worlds first and an inversion count record. With only one of these being more prominent in marketing.

Of course I could be reading into this too much but then you never know, just throwing it out there. :)
That's what I was getting at.

No point having a world first if the rest of the ride isn't up to much, and if you're going to build a world beating ride, you might as well make it a first.

The way I see it, if it beats the record for world's most inversions, then it'll be the world's first coaster to achieve so many inversions in one coaster, killing two birds with one stone.

:p

Well so far, it could be,

worlds largest track inversion count.
worlds most densely packed coaster
worlds first self duelling coaster. (still my theory on the worlds first)

it seems like it's going to be something special, I still doubt it will have anything close to trick track. self duelling is an easy mechanism, have the second train wait in a show scene at the end of the dark ride section, until the train in front reaches the bottom of the vertical lift. Both go up together. No more complicated then a block brake system mechanically. So a worlds first that hopefully won't have much down time.

Some good progress. Went to the resort today. Thought i'd post my images for you guys, some of the stuff maybe already seen before.
DSC_0039_zps11ac001f.jpg

Security car was parked here for most of the day. Maybe someone has tried too get near the site. Haha.
DSC_0018_zps9a0d1030.jpg

The germans checking the built track.
DSC_0003_zps528abaf5.jpg

She is looking sexy.

Heres just the best ones from today. :twirly:

James said:

I get where you are coming from, but I'm sticking to what I have thought for a while now, and that is there will be two separate records - a world beater, and a independent world first. They may compliment/support each other, but I just cannot help but think Wardley really went to town with this one.

Other than the vertical lift hills also, I find Gerst track to be a bit slimline and dull - even I have to say this ride is looking darn sexy!!

I kinda feel like Gerst working with Wardley on this particular project has been a bit like "How to look good naked" with Gok Wan ;D

Fredward said:
Well so far, it could be,

worlds largest track inversion count.
worlds most densely packed coaster
worlds first self duelling coaster. (still my theory on the worlds first)

it seems like it's going to be something special, I still doubt it will have anything close to trick track. self duelling is an easy mechanism, have the second train wait in a show scene at the end of the dark ride section, until the train in front reaches the bottom of the vertical lift. Both go up together. No more complicated then a block brake system mechanically. So a worlds first that hopefully won't have much down time.

Wardley has already confirmed in the radio appearance that the ride is the most densely packed ride on earth or as he put it "more track per metre of space then any other ride on earth" so that's one world beating element in a way and it looks like the inversion count will be the second world beating thing looking at new pics and the game preview. I'm so excited cant wait to ride it in June when I go :D ;D

Too me, it's been quite clear for a while that it's world beating (In the sense that it's a world beating top-notch rollercoaster per say; infinitve form "the best rollercoaster in the world" and the possible use of 14 inversions. This gives us an idea of the world beating sense of the coaster) It's world first however could be something we've all not seen before, not necessarily the inversions because we have all seen twisted bits of rollercoaster before, but I'm sure were going to see something, or experience something extraordinary. :twirly:

James said:

This! I have a feeling we will get a coaster with the most inversions in the world AND a worlds first. I can't be certain, but I am certain of the former of those two elements. And from what John said in his interview it sounds like the worlds first will be something else.

One this is for certain, this is exciting! ;D

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.