• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
By the looks of the majority of the photos from lower down the site, the supports are being wedged in with pieces of wood so track construction is easier. These upper site supports however I believe are freestanding to stop the GP getting hold of dangerous pieces of wood I suppose. :/

Dar said:
I wonder when they are going to fill in the holes around the supports?
65566_460030227400760_194823737_n.jpg

They're all over the rest of the ride as well from what pictures I've seen.

I do wonder how it's standing, whether they have been bolted down, or a small amount of concrete has been put in the bottom? Or is it just freestanding in the holes for now? :p

When said supports above get filled, you will still be able to see the grey section. Especially on the one at the front on this picture. Unless they are going to somehow raise the height of the concrete.

It's really, really nerdy, but it looks like there is a tiny bit of air just before the breaks. Excellent.

It's even more noticeable on the last lot of pics. Looks nice, a lot better than just hitting the brakes, but a bit more of an incline like Rita would have been even better.

Alton Towers Guide have just posted a picture of the Smiler uniform

246583_541127199251796_2030715532_n.jpg

Like the uniform, its not as garish as I was expecting which is a good thing. It's got the X-Sector style with a bit of a quirky twist.

Also great to have themed uniforms

ERMMMMEHGERDDDDD ACTORS.

I was hoping for this! I really hope they're patrolling the fences like they did when Oblivion was being built. It's such great news if that's what they're doing. FAPFAPFAP :D ;D

Liam they are just regular staff members who work in X Sector, I'm unsure about them 1 phrase Oompa Loompa.

Natalie said:
Liam they are just regular staff members who work in X Sector, I'm unsure about them 1 phrase Oompa Loompa.

I got far too excited far too quickly then :( We should have actors :p

I like the quirky feel to them, they fit what's come before the ride so far. Dunno about the glasses though, seem a bit random to me though.

I like the uniforms, they are a bit quirky but I don't think they are sinister enough...

Should have been overalls with doctor equipment, as this is meant to be an experiment from the Ministry of Joy. But they are still very cool

The Smiler is not going to be The Sanctuary. It's meant to be a more modern streamlined approach to Marmalisation.

Themeparkmania said:
Should have been overalls with doctor equipment, as this is meant to be an experiment from the Ministry of Joy.
Well it seems this Ministry of Joy works differently to how you expect.

Avoiding the obvious... Always a good thing.

___

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Oblivion had actors after it opened either. The orange-suited staff were just ride hosts in uniform, known as "The Operatives", but not actors as such.

electricBlll said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Oblivion had actors after it opened either. The orange-suited staff were just ride hosts in uniform, known as "The Operatives", but not actors as such.

That's what I remember, the "guard" dissapeared as soon as the ride and the area were open. No need to keep peolpe out then ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.