• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

There are still a load of rebars waiting where all the track is stored so I would imagine there is still a lot of groundwork yet to take place. This is extremely worrying.

:)

It would be funny if they'd just ordered surplus rebar and all the ground work is actually now complete :D

Josh said:
It would be funny if they'd just ordered surplus rebar and all the ground work is actually now complete :D

There are still a load of rebars being stored inside the access road thingy opposite the Chained Oak B&B, I'm starting to think they forget they ever put any there! ;D

Oh god it's never getting finished is it?

"It'll start as soon as permission is granted"... "It'll speed up in summer"... "It'll speed up for Scarefest to drum up interest"... "It'll speed up once the park is closed"... Every time we thought it start moving along, it hasn't.

If groundwork is finished they could easily have the track up by the end of the month, but the station building will take time, and let's not forget the fact that most of that big trench is supposed to be covered by the midway. The way it's going to get to the station they're going to have to throw guests over the gap and hope they make it.

Shall I get my "I told you so"s out of the way now, so that you can all just get on with crying when it still isn't built on March 16th?

;)

I think the ride will be finished. The station groundwork should be compleated by now, and I suspect that track will be going up fast to get the full ride experience done. :)

I think trackwork will finish at the end of January /start of Febuary.
And the station building will be finished by mid to late Feb and additional effects + queue finished early - mid March! :D

It is only slowing down because they're still waiting for the delivery of the shipping containers which will be stacked one on top of the other to create the station.

Rang up the hotels a few hours ago to book a room for opening, and enquired about the ride being delayed. Manager said as far as they had been told everything was running for schedule, but if closer to the time it is delayed I'd be free to ring up and change the date of my stay... Interesting!

Magrathea said:
Rang up the hotels a few hours ago to book a room for opening, and enquired about the ride being delayed. Manager said as far as they had been told everything was running for schedule, but if closer to the time it is delayed I'd be free to ring up and change the date of my stay... Interesting!
Very interesting also thanks rob for the update :)

I'm sure you would all get over it if the ride opened a few weeks later than planned ::)

Blaze said:
In other words, they're late.

I firmly believe the manager I spoke to wasn't trying to cover anything up; of course there's every chance they've been misinformed/aren't up to date, but that's their version of events right now. :)

I have a sad suspicion they'll be changing their tune very soon though...

In my experience the hotel staff often don't get told about things affecting the theme park. In fact, they usually hear about it through us lot!

I'm probably unusual but i'm not that bothered if it's delayed so long as the ride if finished properly. I would rather wait a few more weeks than have the theming half hanging off the ride.

They need to be honest though, if that's the case the sooner they announce it the better.

Wilsy what's up dude?

I don't understand the slight animosity on an enthusiast website, towards those whom are concerned a ride that is lets face it, not potentially a few weeks late, but in real terms a few years late!

This ride is way overdue at Towers and everyone knows it. There is very little excuse apart from poor preparation if it is indeed late. The weather hasn't been anything like SW6 and it's absurd technical nature was up against.

Oblivion was the last proper serious thrill based SW. Air the last attempt at a thrill one, even that was over a decade ago.

Let's take the alternative, enthusiasts don't give a crud whether it opens in time or not ;D

I agree. I don't mind when it opens as long as it is worth the wait. Nothing is worse than opening something that is barely finished.

Sure we'd all get over it and it wouldn't affect the ride, but it's worrying the park seem incapable of delivering big projects properly.

Thirteen barely opened in time. Sub Terra opened half done. This is looking like it will miss the original date by months.

Three strikes, Merlin.

Merlin of 2 years ago would have opened it no matter what state it was in on the 16th, at least they have learned that's not a great idea.

The thing I will say is at least the parks now show signs of adding improvements through the year. So long as the main bulk is in, the touches can be added and actually add to the experience, so long as it doesn't open looking naff of course!

I was gutted I didn't get to experience The Swarm later on with the additional elements added and in the evening, but super pleased to hear they were still adding touches that arguably weren't needed!

Who knows, for all my criticism, dare I say had this been Air being built, the tunnel may have actually gotten finished eventually! ;D

Why does the Swarm open on time as well as other Merlin coasters, but Alton's don't or open half done?

We'll just have to wait and see really, but it doesn't look like the ride will be open in time.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.