• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

TheMan said:
Do you reckon it's different to normal cars, like the Batmobile or something?

What special powers does the GerstCar have??? I WANT ONE!

The power to induce a headache at any given moment?!

Certainly a feasable reason for the lack of progress. You would expect Gerst to want to be on site when the ride is going up as expert consultants, and with the Christmas season they may well have had a week or two with their families at home.

Gersts traditionally go up quickly - lets just hope that this one follows suit!

Obviously not as spectacular as Russell's. But i took a detour to Towers on the way to Birmingham with member Natalie today and got a few snaps.

It's like a coaster graveyard
397659_10151438315613132_543697464_n.jpg

That's one twisty piece of track
541735_10151438313403132_1777070381_n.jpg

Not long now till the coaster is ready to ride!
479947_10151438313013132_1426408010_n.jpg

Not a straight piece of track in sight
47737_10151438311448132_2003419687_n.jpg

Best detour EVER!
543158_10151213927332057_375829063_n.jpg

Coaster graveyard? The coaster is yet to be built so its more like a coaster parts crèche. They are simply sitting there waiting to #getcorrected! :p

Great photos guys! From what I have gathered reading this thread I'd expect track to be complete by the end of January - especially going by how fast they put up those few pieces that are there now. Here's hoping that everything goes to schedule with no delays in the next 71 days.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

BigDave said:
Coaster graveyard? The coaster is yet to be built so its more like a coaster parts crèche. They are simply sitting there waiting to #getcorrected! :p
You surely mean #getconnected ;)

:p

The SW7 mini site has been updated slightly this morning:

SW7.JPG

It seems the countdown has mysteriously vanished!

Surprise surprise.

I have strong doubts that this will open on the 16th now but maybe that is a good sign that Towers/Merlin are actually going to finish everything before the ride is opened. Here's hoping. ;)

EDIT

Come to think off it, the website and altontowers.com have lost all reference to it even opening in March 2013. Could we be seeing SW7 open later than even March. Who know's.

Your picture does not seem to be appearing, and opening the link in a new tab gives me a 403 Forbidden error.

tumblr_inline_mg3p1t0oBS1r4huvg.png

The new page is set out nicely. However it would have been nice if they could have put a live link of the construction site at the top, it would have been nice to have seen a webcam put there.

Not only has the countdown gone, but there's no mention of March on there at all, or any opening date/month!

James said:
Your picture does not seem to be appearing, and opening the link in a new tab gives me a 403 Forbidden error.

Strange... It works fine for me ???

I was wondering last night how long it would be until the countdown was taken off ::)

From TS News:

After weeks of speculation from the enthusiast community over whether or not SW7 will open on time, it looks as though the official 'countdown' on the Alton Towers SW7 mini-site has been removed, and replaced with very little new content other than the construction image from the email sent out several weeks ago. Although this does not confirm a delay, it may suggest an upcoming change in expected opening date for the project, as there is no longer any reference to the 16th March in relation to the coaster.

Photos taken by TowersStreet contributors on Thursday 3rd January from the surrounding fields show that vertical construction of track has not progressed much further than when the official "It's Coming" email was sent by Alton Towers on 20th December. Station steel is being erected, and work appears to be progressing at the top of the site closest to the entrance to X-Sector, but there is still a good deal of track remaining in the car parks awaiting transportation.

If the ride does not open as planned, it will be the first major new attraction at the Resort to open after the season has started since Rita, which opened 3 weeks into the 2005 season. What form of compensation will be offered to guests who have booked park tickets or hotel stays is currently unknown, and it remains to be seen whether the attraction will be given a new fixed opening day, or a series of 'soft openings'.

Keep up with discussion about SW7 construction on TowersStreet Talk, or our dedicated SW7 Minisite and stick with TowersStreet news for the latest updates on when the ride will finally #geterected, as they come!

Hmmm not sure, my signature isn't even showing up.... Might look into it.

EDIT: Fiddled around with it on my PC rather than my iPad, i dunno if its made any difference though :D

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Interesting news. No official confirmation, but this is ripe or speculation of what many believed to be the case.

Looks like it may well be delayed after all, then. If that is the case, then whilst it's disappointing, I'd rather wait for the finished product than have a part-done job, as happened with Terry. Good luck to the marketing department if they need to somehow explain the reasons for the delay in opening.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

It's certainly a bold move, taking the countdown timer away from the website. That alone wouldn't cause too much suspicion (as most people won't have worked out the date it was counting too) but the fact that any references to March have been removed as well makes this change very suspicious.

If that's not confirmation from Towers that it's been delayed then I'm not sure what will be. I was saying to a few people over new year that I fully expected the mini-site to be updated/changed in early January and the countdown clock to be removed in this update. I doubt they would remove the clock if there wasn't a delayed opening as it was quite a nice feature.

As for the updated mini-site, it's quite nice. I hope it has a further update soon though as I feel the lay out is slightly poor and there is still a lack of features/other pages. I'd rather have a mini-site with multiple web pages that all fit onto a computer screen without you having to scroll down to get all of the major information. I do expect it to change again though so hopefully we will see this eventually.

:)

..we managed to work it out and decipher opening day, and I'd hazard a guess at some other folk doing exactly the same! I'm gonna give families and fans credit and say we weren't the only ones who sat and counted down the days!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.