• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

TT must have gotten this photo from Towers, not them self who took the photo, there is no way that TT would be able to getting into the park ground where this photo is took .

craig.walton.184 said:

This is my Idea of where the TT picture was taken from. With the straight track section marked.

Your picture is a bit small, could you re-upload please? I'm interested in seeing your idea

I think the straight section would actually be more or less in front of the maintainance building. That curvey bit where you've shown it would place it directly above the shop, which is only a single story building :)

As for where the photo has been taken from I'd suspect that it was taken from the clearing off of the access road, to the right of where you've shown. There's almost like a bit of a layby. You can see it on the plans kind of. The orange circle next to the big tree.

oliviamaeae said:
craig.walton.184 said:

This is my Idea of where the TT picture was taken from. With the straight track section marked.

Your picture is a bit small, could you re-upload please? I'm interested in seeing your idea

Just click the picture and it'll open bigger in a new tab :)

I think the photo was taken either by general public accessing areas they shouldn't be in or by a member of staff who then gave the photo to TT. Either way that photo cannot be taken without going into areas not intended for the public to see.

LiamC said:
oliviamaeae said:
craig.walton.184 said:

Just click the picture and it'll open bigger in a new tab :)
Thank you! Also I'm loving your Jon Snow av!

A_oQUtnCQAE7pGD.jpg:large

Posted on AT's Twitter account with the usual 'getcorrected' hashtag. :p I particularly like the glimpse of the Ministry of Joy logo there..

I'm liking this drip-feed marketing they've got going at the moment - can't wait to see it kick up into next gear!

Does this mean that all of the SW7 merch will just be the Smile? So the hoodies and T-shirts that were sold during Scarefest might be the ones that will be sold in the rides shop too?? I find that weird personally, that the actual ride merch was on sale before any of the track was actually up. If it was pre-ride build up exciting one-off Merch then yeah, but not if it's for sale after as well.

CupCakeMonster said:
Does this mean that all of the SW7 merch will just be the Smile? So the hoodies and T-shirts that were sold during Scarefest might be the ones that will be sold in the rides shop too?? I find that weird personally, that the actual ride merch was on sale before any of the track was actually up. If it was pre-ride build up exciting one-off Merch then yeah, but not if it's for sale after as well.
Maybe they will release some more merch! Who knows. It is a lil stupid too release some before the ride was up but that may be pre advertising merch nothing compared too the new one

In response to the above posts. The merch on sale at the end of the season was merely promotional merch to help raise brand awareness and get a little more hype going. And it was almost certainly aimed mainly at enthusiasts. It will not be the merch that will go on sale when the ride opens. There will be a much wider selection of merch and it will use the ride's branding which may well differ from the promotional branding (although I do think the Mr Twirly logo will be used in various things still).

Europa Park did something similar when Wodan was being built, they had a range of "under construction" merch on sale. This of course was not the final ride merch.

:)

Hi guys. new to the forum. just wanted to know what people thought of these. saw them floating around on several theme park pages on Facebook. What do you think?

154557_318951478215963_1839140113_n.png

blivvymad said:
Hi guys. new to the forum. just wanted to know what people thought of these. saw them floating around on several theme park pages on Facebook. What do you think?

154557_318951478215963_1839140113_n.png

Welcome to the forum!

That definitely looks fan made. There is a lot of fan made stuff going around at the moment. We should get some more official stuff in the coming weeks.

:)

again certain its a fake.

The only official one so far has come from the Alton Towers mailing list, and since then several fakes have cropped up.

I agree that it's fake, given the font used, and the fact that the lettering used is exactly the same as the other one Alton released. I am however intrigued as to where the photo used came from, I mean it's probably just one from RCDB or something, as there are no trees, or Oblivion in the background, but is there any way it could be part of the SW7 track, as to me it looks very similar to a piece seen in the TT image.

Do any of you think AT marketing is too bothered about fan made versions of their emailed photo?

I wonder if they are thinking result, extra hype with no work?

delta79 said:
Do any of you think AT marketing is too bothered about fan made versions of their emailed photo?

I wonder if they are thinking result, extra hype with no work?

To be honest i think most of the stuff geeks get up-to just baffles them, sometimes it amuses them and every now and then probably really annoys them.

It depends on the spirit it is done and stuff like that graphic is harmless.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.