• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Lol - themed X Sector toilets - can imagine it now ...

Place botty on the seat and a voice bellows - DONT, LOOK, DOWN!

I can't see the toilets being themed, I think the best we can hope for is a nice refurbishment with all new facilities including functional taps, decent hand dryers and heating for the cold months. The toilets built at Thorpe with The Swarm are themed on the outside but inside they are just white and functional. I'll settle for that inside at the moment, it would be a vast improvement on all other toilets around the park!

:)

I can honestly say I don't think they will do anything to the toilet block interior. I can see them just building the ride around it, painting the exterior (if we're lucky) and leaving it at that.

I can't believe that people have actually rung Guest Services to enquire if a particular toilet block will open - have you no sense of embarrassment?

I think TS mentioned about the toilets getting a bit of a refurbishment back when they announced the Oblivion re-paint. I can't be certain of that though.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I can't believe that people have actually rung Guest Services to enquire if a particular toilet block will open - have you no sense of embarrassment?

I think you must have missed the ironic tone that the post was clearly written in

Can I point out that it is more of a bowline than a Staffordshire knot

e.g.
b99.gif

Rob said:
I can't see the toilets being themed, I think the best we can hope for is a nice refurbishment with all new facilities including functional taps, decent hand dryers and heating for the cold months. The toilets built at Thorpe with The Swarm are themed on the outside but inside they are just white and functional. I'll settle for that inside at the moment, it would be a vast improvement on all other toilets around the park!

I agree with you there. As much as I'd like to see themed toilets at Alton Towers, at the very least they just need to be modernised. A lot of the toilets are still trapped in the 80s/90s. They need to be brought back to the modern era!

Aren't the toilets are outside the entrance to X-Sector? With none of the other toilets at the park bearing any theming, the chances are it will not happen.

MaXtreme said:
Aren't the toilets are outside the entrance to X-Sector? With none of the other toilets at the park bearing any themeing, the chances are it will not happen.

Although I cannot believe I am getting into a discussion about toilets the ones in Mutiny Bay do have the funny pirate shouting things at you in the cubicle.

I have to say that there is something impressive about themed toilets, anyone that has been to Europa Park will appreciated the effort that went into themeing those.

James said:
Rob said:

I agree with you there. As much as I'd like to see themed toilets at Alton Towers, at the very least they just need to be modernised. A lot of the toilets are still trapped in the 80s/90s. They need to be brought back to the modern era!

A toilet is a toilet, what are you after? iPans?

I'm after something that is not falling apart, of which the current toilets (the toilet blocks specifically) are.

Yeah, and something with taps that don't either spurt water out so fast it goes all over place or barely give a trickle. Then some hand dryers that work (read Dyson Airblade :p), warm water, heaters and generally cleaner facilities. So basically toilets that are decent rather than toilets that are horrible to use!

Themeparkmania said:
Although I cannot believe I am getting into a discussion about toilets the ones in Mutiny Bay do have the funny pirate shouting things at you in the cubicle.

The toilets to the right of the entrance turnstiles have sounds in too. In the Men's its of a bloke having a number two with farting noises and grunts and in the Women's its some girls having a chat about things including Alton Towers - well thats what my missus said anyway...

siralgenon said:
Are the new toilets next to The Swarm themed? If so I'd expect these to be too, or at least modernized

Themed outer building with a plain modern interior.

Rob said:
siralgenon said:
Are the new toilets next to The Swarm themed? If so I'd expect these to be too, or at least modernized

Themed outer building with a plain modern interior.

I presume that's what these will be like then since they are directly under the ride track

Well the latest areal photos don't seem to show much work being done, I now dought the opening in May.

I'm now convinced there is some kind of secret element and that its got problems. I know enough about large installations to know there's a problem here.

Weather doesn't stop play that much, it hasn't us on our latest project. (Bit like a rollercoaster for chickens but they die at the end).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.