• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

That's my kind of maths!

Looks great! Thanks for the pics Stretchy :)

Stretchy said:
P1050252.JPG

That photo really shows how big the marmaliser is! Also that new logos match the new videos that were playing yesterday, there are all sorts of bits about each leg with symbols like that.

I like that they are adding detail. The theme really has grown on me - this is such a step up from recent attempts at themeing at AT. It is a shame we have all become cynical though - trying to draw put flaws (they'll fall off) before they have even finished putting them on!

Does anyone think that the silver bits inside of the entrance might be misters? :)

aru said:
Does anyone think that the silver bits inside of the entrance might be misters? :)

In person they look like LED lights, at the top and bottom of the door. There is also a hole in the roof which im guessing is either a speak or a light. I also believe the yellow circles will light up (as there are panels behind them that can be removed). The pipes under the structure could be smoke or mist, which might make the lights look better.

Hello, first time poster here. the smiler is looking to be an amazing ride.

My personal opinion is on the entrance. is looks horrible from any angle other than the front (which looks actually decent) I hope the put something to either cover, or improve the sides of the entrance.

Alastair said:
James said:
I guess I'm in the minority of liking The Smiler entrance then? :p

Just look at this way all you entrance haters... at least there's no scaffolding involved!

I don't think anyone should form an opinion yet given there is still 11 days to go until the ride opens.

Anyone seen One St Peter's Square in Manchester? Horrible looking concrete monstrosity. Doesn't fit in with the area at all, truly an eyesore.

MANCHESTER%20ST%20PETERS%20NEWS.jpg
Nitpicking here but that building is nowhere near finished. they are still building up the floors for it and will look dramatically different when finished (Was that the point you where trying to make?).

Rar said:
Bear said:
Indeed it was Rar.

OK, it just seemed disjointed from the rest of the post.
I think it's linking to the whole general discussion of the entrance... I.E. don't judge it until it's finished. Unfortunately these things sometimes get lost if you haven't been able to see the whole discussion :)

Yeah sorry if the sarcasm wasn't clear enough. You noticed that it was ridiculous of me to criticise that building, yes? It's the same regarding the entrance of the Smiler - it's not finished and therefore it shouldn't be judged.

But as I said last time that stupid analogy was used, there's a huge difference between a skyscraper that's barely off the ground and an almost finished small structure.

Blaze said:
But as I said last time that stupid analogy was used, there's a huge difference between a skyscraper that's barely off the ground and an almost finished small structure.

Of course it's an exaggerated metaphor and of course it's different but the principle remains the same. Don't judge something until it's the finished product.

Alastair said:
Blaze said:

Of course it's an exaggerated metaphor and of course it's different but the principle remains the same. Don't judge something until it's the finished product.

Then what's the point of having this thread then? By that logic, we should only post pictures of construction and responses that read "I am completely indifferent to this development".

It's obvious that the entrance looks naff. There's not a lot that can be done to alter it that will dramatically change its appearance.

CGM said:
Alastair said:
Blaze said:

Then what's the point of having this thread then? By that logic, we should only post pictures of construction and responses that read "I am completely indifferent to this development".

It's obvious that the entrance looks naff. There's not a lot that can be done to alter it that will dramatically change its appearance.

Perhaps what I mean to say is people shouldn't blatantly, disparagingly criticise something when it's maybe not complete. The entrance could change in the next 10 days in any number of ways. It's clear that the floor isn't complete, and there will probably be more landscaping around it that will change its perception. They are adding more and more stuff everyday to improve it, and I think it's likely they will do the same with the entrance.

Alastair said:
CGM said:
Alastair said:
Blaze said:

Perhaps what I mean to say is people shouldn't blatantly, disparagingly criticise something when it's maybe not complete. The entrance could change in the next 10 days in any number of ways. It's clear that the floor isn't complete, and there will probably be more landscaping around it that will change its perception. They are adding more and more stuff everyday to improve it, and I think it's likely they will do the same with the entrance.

I bet whilst you're all having this conversation, there are trains speeding round the track!

945344_10152808983960416_875065216_n.jpg

Copyright to Jack Gater

John Wardley's on park today!

It is also worth noting that there has now been planting down the side of the site, which makes things look a lot nicer. Things really are starting to come together now!

:)

It couldn't be just me who would take the banner on the floor could it? ;)

I don't think I've ever been more excited by plants though!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.