• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hmmm, if it's a mistake then it's a very bad mistake to make as it has and will lead to a lot of confusion until they clarify the matter. If it is indeed going to be closed tomorrow then I already feel sorry for the staff in guest services!

:)

If it's not open tomorrow, they might have a bloody riot on their hands.

Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to pull out now? The damage they could do to their reputation doesn't bare thinking about

AT are probably panicking over a simple fault and are worried that people *may* have to travel unnecessarily tomorrow. This will also make the park look bad (from a publicity POV) if people turn out tomorrow and the ride's shut all day.

The thing is built - at least we're over that hurdle now. Let the park just iron out those final creases.

Unless something major is preventing the ride from opening, it should open and I cannot see the park not opening it. Even if its on a reduce capacity, with signs explaining its is suffering frequent downtime and maybe only for half a day.

Rob said:
Hmmm, if it's a mistake then it's a very bad mistake to make as it has and will lead to a lot of confusion until they clarify the matter. If it is indeed going to be closed tomorrow then I already feel sorry for the staff in guest services!

Exactly Rob.

Let's ask Joel if he ever "accidentally" adds a banner to here lol!

If there is a doubt to it's readiness, (which watching them dig up half the paths made me wonder a couple of days ago, along with ratcheting supports) then just do the decent thing!

Alton Towers really need to #getcorrected

I'm sorry but if it's not open tomorrow, Alton deserve all of the bad PR they're going to get. You shouldn't get away with having a ride delayed by months and then not having it ready by the very well publicised opening day.

Many of us have had to make arrangements just to be there tomorrow and if it's not open, I for one will be raging.

If it was a mistake then it is strange that Towers haven't already come out and said so. They are 'live' on Twitter at the moment, they have replied to a couple of people's unrelated Tweets in the last 10 minutes. I have a feeling that they really aren't sure at the moment. There probably is a problem with the ride and they don't know whether it will be able to operate tomorrow or not.

Edit - The Smiler is not opening tomorrow, details here

I called customer services and they had no idea about the post. I even pointed them to this forum so they could look at the screengrab. As far as I can tell, it must have been a technical error, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Having said that, I'm waiting until around an hour or so before booking my train!

Has anyone seen the ride operate with three / four cars simultaneously? I am not trying to scaremonger but this is an indicator as to whether the ride is fully ready to handle a full opening.

aru said:
LiamC said:
Hmmm...TT have now removed the post they put on Facebook regarding this. Odd :/
AT might have asked them to remove it. Stop the rumors spreading!

The best way to stop rumours would be to get an announcement on all their social media pages right now. The longer they leave it, the more true the rumour will seem.

Well, here it is:

ytEXLYx.png

This is a disaster for Towers. Sounds like they don't know whether or not it will be open for the weekend yet either.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.