• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
We tried to get one last ride at 5:40ish on Friday and were told that the queue was closed as they needed to hand the ride over at 7:30. At that time the queue was all within the temporary fencing in front of Fried Chicken Co. and was apparently about 80-90 minutes then.

So we just did walk on Blivvy instead and admired the view :p

TheMan said:
They didn't really do this did they?

1369996682.jpg

TowersNerd

Did they?

If so, that is just brilliant!
I only noticed this on Smiler's opening day after you'd highlighted it here. It's a nice nod to the geeks! :p Never thought I'd see the day when X-Sector would be home to a merchandise shopping channel and a mechanical spider showing cartoons and washing machines! :p

BigDave said:
Its currently down, been down for about 30mins

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm surprised it didn't go down yesterday - or if it did, I certainly didn't notice it. Not that bad for a brand new coaster, especially compared to Th13teen.

AshleeKel said:
BigDave said:

I'm surprised it didn't go down yesterday - or if it did, I certainly didn't notice it. Not that bad for a brand new coaster, especially compared to Th13teen.

Th13teen did run pretty perfectly for the first week or so then closed catastrophically, so don't compare them to soon! :p

AshleeKel said:
BigDave said:

It did go down yesterday, when we were in the queue for the second time in the afternoon. It was back up and running after ten minutes though. We still only queued for about 90 minutes when they had said it was 2 hours.

DiogoJ42 said:
The paint rollers? I think they just wanted something random and trippy.
I believe it's an in joke about them opening rides when they aren't finished. Look they're still painting it, is meant to be the reaction.

Posted on TS Facebook:

8866_489201237816992_1975437354_n.jpg

At least it hasn't been plonked somewhere close to the actual ride area.

It's better positioned by there as you will get guests from every angle walking past it, even those who are not planning on going in X-Sector itself.

Free food too! It feels like it's been ages since free stuff has been given away to guests.

Danny said:
Posted on TS Facebook:

8866_489201237816992_1975437354_n.jpg

At least it hasn't been plonked somewhere close to the actual ride area.
The return of Henry's Parade didn't go down with the general public as well as Merlin Studios had wanted after the concept received a freshen-up for a modern Alton Towers Resort! :p

Atleast we know what they were doing with that ride car in the maintenance shed.
mugb4o.jpg

I was quite impressed with the Krave freebies. The packets they were giving away were quite large (about 1/3rd the size of a normal cereal pack) and there were two varieties (white and dark chocolate). Much better than the usual aeroplane sized can of Fanta.

Also, The Smiler was running on 3 trains today for some reason for at least a portion of the day, with one (the still wrapped one) on the transfer track and one in the maintenance shed. This lead to significantly worse queues than on opening day, pretty much 3 solid hours all day bar the very end. Also, they've changed the queueline from Friday as well, it's much longer after you go through the entrance and now the queueline shop services two sections of the queueline rather than just one.

got on the ride twice today thoroughly enjoyed it.

sadly had also queued for two hours only for it to break down this evening around half 5, and them to empty the queueline at 6pm.

they need to do something about the queuline shop as it creates a terrible bottleneck twice with people stuck behind those buying stuff unable to get past

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.