• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

It sounds like the chain is bouncing at the moment it become de-loaded.
In my apprenticeship days we had it on the carcase mover. It was the sign of the chain tension being a bit stiff or spring getting tired.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

It sounds like the chain is bouncing at the moment it become de-loaded.
In my apprenticeship days we had it on the carcase mover. It was the sign of the chain tension being a bit stiff or spring getting tired.

What is a carcase mover? Is it as gruesome as it sounds?

What is a carcase mover? Is it as gruesome as it sounds?
I learnt my trade in the beef processing industry.
The description may upset, so i have spoilered it.

Once a cow has been processed though to sides of beef they are moved hanging on a long overhead rail system.

When are they going to replace it though is the question. Last time they sorted a chain lift was wicker man and it was shut for over a week so they better not do it soon as I'm going in 8 days

Lift chains will generally be replaced every 3-5 years, depending on the coaster, so it'll be planned and almost certainly completed out of season. If it's ever completed in-season, it won't have been planned.

This is a bit random but does anybody know what the AromaPrime scent is that used to be in the area surrounding the Smiler and the queue line? I haven’t visited since 2014 and I’ve been told they don’t use it anymore but I remember there used to be a distinct, sweet and almost chemically smell around the ride that was actually quite pleasant.

This is a bit random but does anybody know what the AromaPrime scent is that used to be in the area surrounding the Smiler and the queue line? I haven’t visited since 2014 and I’ve been told they don’t use it anymore but I remember there used to be a distinct, sweet and almost chemically smell around the ride that was actually quite pleasant.
I mean I remember smelling something like that the last time I went, that was 2 weeks ago

I don’t remember there ever being a smell around The Smiler... I suppose I may just not have noticed, however.