• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Someone on Twitter pointed it out to them yesterday and they responded with "Hi there - Thank you for raising this. This has been passed to the necessary teams for their attention."

Not that it needed to be pointed out as they damn well knew, but there we go

Had a few rides today, i'm a jaded old bloke but a moment happened that reminded me why i love theme parks.

I was on row 3 and a group of schoolgirls were on row 4.

After the first inversion one of them started crying and was saying "I hate this, i want to get off!"

I looked back at the "halfway" point and she now had a smile.

At the end of the ride she she was laughing gleefully and saying "That was banging! Let's do it again!".
Just loved that moment!

Has it been removed or has it been painted over again?
I'm not sure, but there was no sign of it at all

Had a few rides today, i'm a jaded old bloke but a moment happened that reminded me why i love theme parks.

I was on row 3 and a group of schoolgirls were on row 4.

After the first inversion one of them started crying and was saying "I hate this, i want to get off!"

I looked back at the "halfway" point and she now had a smile.

At the end of the ride she she was laughing gleefully and saying "That was banging! Let's do it again!".
Just loved that moment!
As the quite hardened enthusiast that I am, I did used to question the name they chose for this ride but with stories like that and other times where I've seen similar, whoever chose it was a genius!

I'm not sure, but there was no sign of it at all
I'm here today for 2 days will take a look..

Update it has definitely gone yet you can see where it was...

I truly have no words for what a absolutely disgusting building and ride this now looks.

Inside and out. Shocking.

We now have 5 or 6 weeks left of the lightest days of the year... perfect time to at least jet wash into the evenings especially with the 4pm closes.

It won't do much I know yet will take a little of the grime away.

Appalling. Rant over. The end

Attachments

• 20230518_102526.jpg
    20230518_102526.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230518_104312.jpg
    20230518_104312.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I'm here today for 2 days will take a look..

Update it has definitely gone yet you can see where it was...

I truly have no words for what a absolutely disgusting building and ride this now looks.

Inside and out. Shocking.

We now have 5 or 6 weeks left of the lightest days of the year... perfect time to at least jet wash into the evenings especially with the 4pm closes.

It won't do much I know yet will take a little of the grime away.

Appalling. Rant over. The end
The graffiti on the ride queues bugs me, and I feel like it's more of a recent thing (but I might be wrong). I visited last October for the first time since 2019 and there seemed to be significantly more graffiti in the queues, especially Rita and Thirteen. You could see on the wooden posts in the queues where they'd sanded the graffiti away but more is inevitably written over it.

@Mattie boy you have a point.....mentality of some people is beyond belief.

If you ssked anyone off the cuff though would you do this, I bet now one person would say yes. So who are these people....

@Mattie boy you have a point.....mentality of some people is beyond belief.

If you ssked anyone off the cuff though would you do this, I bet now one person would say yes. So who are these people....
In some cases, grown adults who should know better (this from June last year):
TVs and the like won't help. Everyone is glued to their phone screens and those that do this graffiti often film it and stick it on Tik Tok.

Regarding cleaning Rita's queue line, they do do it often; no idea if its regular or only when they're told of a particularly detailed drawing of the human reproductive organs. There are always various sanded patches on posts. But the trouble is, they are fighting a loosing battle - have it clear of graffiti and it's an open invitation to do some more but have loads not removed and it encourages people to do more.

I think queue line speed does have an effect - look at Wicker Man and Nemesis to see very, very little new graffiti. It also is down to the clientele who are attracted to the ride - Wicker Man you tend to see more family groups than groups of kids, whereas it's often the other way round on The Smiler and Rita.

It would cost a fair bit for the park, but how about plain clothed security randomly queueing with guests? It could kill two birds with one stone - eject anyone from the queue caught graffitiing and/or queue jumping. Put warning signs up everywhere saying they are present and state the consequences should someone be caught (park ejection ideally). State it on the website, on the tickets and reservations too. Get it out there that Towers will not stand for misbehaviour in the queuelines.

Oh and here's a "respectable" park guest I spotted on my last trip in June. It's not always young kids/teenagers doing this.

1659117423891.png

I've removed some off-topic posts from this thread. Please do try and stay vaguely on topic, which in this case is The Smiler and not how people dress.

Thanks!