• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Always has been.
From my very first ride in its first season.
Only suffered on my last busy day visit, which was years ago.
First time on (after a few spites in the first season) I managed it twice before my wife had completed her prowl round the gift shop.

2 row 4s and 1 row 3 today, riding the best it ever has in my opinion, with the exception of one inversion - the second one. My god, that has become brutal now, by far the worst on the ride. Not surprised the halfway speakers are still broken 24 days after my last visit, and the ride looks even worse. Good job it's riding well (I think so anyway)

2 row 4s and 1 row 3 today, riding the best it ever has in my opinion, with the exception of one inversion - the second one. My god, that has become brutal now, by far the worst on the ride. Not surprised the halfway speakers are still broken 24 days after my last visit, and the ride looks even worse. Good job it's riding well (I think so anyway)
I thought the halfway sound has been off since you-know-what?

After seeing the ride in the flesh for the first time this season, I'm gobsmacked it's been allowed to rot even further than last year.

X sector is disgusting. The smiler is just shambolic. Nothing is clean, nothing works.

The famous mould, well, let me tell you you can still see where it was so I suspect its not been treated properly.

Oblivion is in a bad way.....

I fail to see how they spend so much on these rides just to let them fall apart.

After seeing the ride in the flesh for the first time this season, I'm gobsmacked it's been allowed to rot even further than last year.
Nemesis (imo) was left to rot in various areas quite a bit over the last 2 or 3 years and now it's being extensively refurbished. While The Smiler doesn't need anywhere near the refurb Nemesis is getting (some of you may disagree!!), maybe they are planning work on it very soon hence why they've not done anything with it recently?

Nemesis (imo) was left to rot in various areas quite a bit over the last 2 or 3 years and now it's being extensively refurbished. While The Smiler doesn't need anywhere near the refurb Nemesis is getting (some of you may disagree!!), maybe they are planning work on it very soon hence why they've not done anything with it recently?
One is 30 and one is 10.

You really couldn’t tell in terms of looks, and especially ride comfort.

You really couldn’t tell in terms of looks, and especially ride comfort.
One is built by B&M and one is built by Gerstlauer. B&M have always built the best quality steel rides that last the longest. Hard to compare when the manufacturer quality is so different

One is built by B&M and one is built by Gerstlauer. B&M have always built the best quality steel rides that last the longest. Hard to compare when the manufacturer quality is so different
Adjusted for inflation the costs would likely be similar I imagine, although Nemesis probably had more budget for ground work.

Still requires a lot of work this ride to bring it up to an acceptable level of aesthetics and ride comfort.