• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Kumali was smoother, I actually found second row on Infusion the other week also smoother. Both are certainly less mouldy and Kumali is far more intense.
I'm not having a debate if someone thinks Infusion is smoother than Smiler. Clear agenda. Do people love the attention of saying Smiler is really rough. Reminds me of Pleasure beach experience guy who constantly gets on Smilers back yet says that National and Infusion are smooth🫤

I'm not having a debate if someone thinks Infusion is smoother than Smiler. Clear agenda. Do people love the attention of saying Smiler is really rough. Reminds me of Pleasure beach experience guy who constantly gets on Smilers back yet says that National and Infusion are smooth🫤

My goodness you are teadious. You cannot go about constantly spamming this thread up with repeated nonsense like The Smiler being butter smooth and not expect something similarly hyperbolic back. If you dont like it stop starting it.

Both rides are inconsistent, but my best runs on Infusion have been better than my worst runs on Smiler, so it is not unimaginable that someone could hold that opinion.

Someone saying that Infusion is smoother than The Smiler doesn’t have “an agenda”; it’s simply their opinion. Based on my experiences of both, I profusely disagree with that opinion, but it’s not up to me to dictate what people should and shouldn’t think.

As @pluk has said, rides also vary to some extent. Personally, my one ride on Infusion was absolutely abysmal, and far rougher than any ride I’ve ever had on The Smiler or any other ride I’ve ever ridden, but Infusion vs The Smiler may not be the fairest comparison for me. I’ve only ever ridden Infusion once, and that was nearly 5 years ago, whereas I’ve accumulated 18 rides on The Smiler over the course of nearly 10 years, with my most recent ride being in March 2023.

Even on my last 2-day visit to Alton Towers in March, I had two pretty different rides on The Smiler. On the Saturday, I rode in a front row outer seat, and it was pretty smooth and enjoyable, it must be said. It was possibly the best ride I’ve had on it in many years! On the Sunday, I rode in a row 3 or 4 outer seat, and it was a fair amount rougher and more nauseating. If it varied even between those 2 rides, goodness knows how much it varies over numerous rides!

With that in mind, I can understand why someone might find Smiler rougher than Infusion or Grand National. I do not agree based on my experiences, but they are just that; my experiences. Someone else’s experiences could be completely different.

I love The Smiler - but if someone says it’s rough for them then that’s it really. Not sure there should start to be an argument about it. I don’t find it rough at all but I’m not about to write a message calling anyone a liar (I know no one has but it can come across that way sometimes)

Yes SLCs are unbearable, but that doesn’t mean The Smiler isn’t also like that for particular people. As I’ve said I don’t find it rough, but you hear plenty of people saying it is. All different components come into play such a weather, wheels, people’s height and body sizes, whether someone braces or not; etc.

Perfectly fine for people disagree as it is forum after all, but the need to try and start and argument/back bite is a bit silly.

Can we not have anymore of this completely pointless “discussion” about which ride is better again.

It’s pretty tiresome to have to step in month after month about the same old argumentative crap. Some people like it, some people don’t - accept it and keep this topic for updates that most of us actually care about.

Last time I went on The smiler it was probably the worst ride I ever had (I am also including the queue line) so it was a 45 min wait so I used my RAP and went into the RAP line it took me 1 hour to get through the line it was not a good experience then the ride was running ruff which I was alright with other than the line and seeing how the building's state is it was a good ride.

The design of the left queues is really poor. Fastrack and RAP going back to the main entrance but single isn't even out the building so you have to push through everyone

The design of the left queues is really poor. Fastrack and RAP going back to the main entrance but single isn't even out the building so you have to push through everyone

Queue design is not the problem though, is it? The problem is both of those queue lines should have NOTHING like the amount of people in them that would cause this to happen, but the whole thing is utterly broken and unmanaged.

Totally agree. Literally have to explain to every single person that it’s a different queue. People refusing to let you past thinking u r pushing in. It’s a nightmare!