• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Single Rider Queue on The Smiler is like a cheat code. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 15 minutes
95% of the time I've had great luck with it and on quieter days I've had around 10 rides in a fairly short amount of time, lot less walking compared to the normal queue too.

However on the odd occasion you get unlucky with all of the main queue being 2's and 4's and can go a long time without SRQ even moving 1 person in 5 to 10 minutes, typically though you save a great amount of time, have known people to wait an hour+ during absolute peak times though.

Just in the que for smiler, had 15 mins of downtime to find some lost property in the ride area 🙄 . Cycled all trains empty before and after the stoppage which I get, but I thought lost property was only looked for after ride close? Especially with a 70-80 min que.

Just in the que for smiler, had 15 mins of downtime to find some lost property in the ride area 🙄 . Cycled all trains empty before and after the stoppage which I get, but I thought lost property was only looked for after ride close? Especially with a 70-80 min que.
Can depend what it is and where it is. If it's an EpiPen for example they are likely going to go and get it, and if something like clothing has landed on or above track track they are going to have to get that to prevent stalls if a train hit it.

Can depend what it is and where it is. If it's an EpiPen for example they are likely going to go and get it, and if something like clothing has landed on or above track track they are going to have to get that to prevent stalls if a train hit it.
Oh yeah,no doubt there is instances where it must be done immediately.
I would like to think someone who has to live their life carrying an epipen would be smart enough to secure it in a zipped pocket or in baggage hold(it's not like you could administer one mid ride)

During the stoppage they came on the tannoy multiple times warning of securing loose items, using the tag of smiler been the world record holder for inversions so items should be secure.

Never took note of the smilers que before but it is littered with crap. . Saw a few ear rings, a small chain/bracelet - inside the ride area was an airpods case. . And while in the que a disposable vape came flying through the air, them draped nets did nothing to stop it, but it didn't hit anyone thankfully.

People really do leave their common sense in the carpark at these places.

Oh yeah,no doubt there is instances where it must be done immediately.
I would like to think someone who has to live their life carrying an epipen would be smart enough to secure it in a zipped pocket or in baggage hold(it's not like you could administer one mid ride)

During the stoppage they came on the tannoy multiple times warning of securing loose items, using the tag of smiler been the world record holder for inversions so items should be secure.

Never took note of the smilers que before but it is littered with crap. . Saw a few ear rings, a small chain/bracelet - inside the ride area was an airpods case. . And while in the que a disposable vape came flying through the air, them draped nets did nothing to stop it, but it didn't hit anyone thankfully.

People really do leave their common sense in the carpark at these places.
You could make a decent living by waiting in the queue for all the rider's pocessions to rain down on you and then sell them on Ebay.....

(Joking of course!)

Special mention to the Smile Assistant today manning the queue entrance.
He turned away a couple who breifly flashed fastrack "e tickets" at him.
He called them back when they walked past him and asked to inspect the tickets, it turned out they were just park admission tickets.
He said to them "if you want to ride still, please join the main queue"

Here’s a couple of pictures taken later that afternoon after they had moved the cart out the way and fenced it off
IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

I’m actually more shocked they managed to find some brand new Smiler Alton Towers banners for the fences.
That's good considering the queue was a free for all yesterday because they lost one of the chains for the merge point and everytime they moved away to check fast track or rap people would just charge through after being told to wait 😂.

They did send down an extra member of staff towards the end of the day to stop people charging through whilst the other checked rap cards and fast track, but I just found it funny they lost a little bit of chain and a clip and didn't have one spare anywhere lol and with it being school trips people aren't going to stand there and wait when told to.

Here’s a couple of pictures taken later that afternoon after they had moved the cart out the way and fenced it off
IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

I’m actually more shocked they managed to find some brand new Smiler Alton Towers banners for the fences.

They don’t have a welder on site?

Fascinating