• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

I'd rather not do a RAMS for welding in view of the public. Also you'd need a screen inside the ride area or to evacuate it entirely to prevent arc eye if you welded whilst open. I imagine it'll be remove the panels and replace or repair after park close.

Last edited:
Saw something i've never seen before today in the smiler queue...

Somebody was sick on the ride while it was moving...we was a few foot from entering the building and it came down showering the queue line to the left of us

Quite a few got hit with it but one lad had it on his head and all the way down his back🤮

Caused quite a delay in getting it up and running while they cleaned it up as it sounded like they'd carried on doing it while getting off and also outside the shop

Oh christ, that would explain the amount of down time i noticed it had today via the app. I didn’t venture in to X-Sector today, I’m glad I didn’t now!
It had actually only just reopened....was down for ages and we came off twistatron and it reopened as we was passing...so what should have been about 10 minutes wait ended up a lot longer

Although i'd rather have a longer wait than be covered in sick tbh:D

Just heard the smiler ride op make an announcement to the queue not to try and touch the trains 🤦‍♂️
Yeah just witnessed this on the train in front of me! Some person trying to give their glasses to their friend in the bay by reaching out of the car which was nearly despatched.
Kudos to staff who quickly dealt with the situation!
Some people eyy 🙄

Any one else think smiler has been riding rough this season? Iv been quite a few times this year at different points of the year too and it just seems so rough this year

It didn’t seem any rougher when I rode in March than it was in any previous year, although these things always vary.

Maybe it's just me I just seem to get thrown around all over the place. The worst part on the bat wing section. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed a difference ha ha

Personally on my 6 rides this year, on all trains, none of them were the type of bad i dread, basically all of them were rattly and made some weird noises, but my head survived the last few inversions every ride😂

When I went in April one of the trains was making strange noises sounded like from a wheel but who no's what it was. To be fair it's not just the ride experience that's a bit rough the smiler area could do with a bit of love

Lol exactly. Nah it would be nice not to que in puddles for a start and just the overall cleanliness of the ride could do with addressing. Looks dull and has moss growing in places

The only way the theme works in my view is for it to be crisp and clean.
That’s the best reason I’ve heard for them to clean it all season lol. So true though, you’ve go to a mental hospital kinda place where they make you happy and it’s covered in mould and is damp. It no being the most hygienic or clean just doesn’t fit the vibe it should have.

Did smiler 5 times over last 2 days, fantastic ride. Don't find it that rough at all. Saw at Thorpe Park is worse by far.

It could be because I was a single rider and was alwalys on a end so maybe not as bad there than the middle?