• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Queue line was evacuated late afternoon yesterday - although there is no solid info confirming why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I really hope that The Smiler is open this weekend mostly because its a bank holiday and Alton know it'll annoy a heck of a lot of people (including myself) if it doesn't open.

Alton is a 4.5 hour journey from where I live and I only get the chance to go once a year, so hopefully the ride will be open when I travel up for the weekend tomorrow...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I understand now why the theme music to this ride is ha ha ha.... its ha ha ha you may get on the ride you may not ha ha ha youve queued for 3 hours but now we are closing the ride and you aint gonna get on it, ha ha ha - the ride is just laughing at you!! evil, evil!

It sounds like they have been carrying out work in the indoor section. So once again this seems like more than your standard technical issue. God knows what's gone wrong this time.

:)

I was on park today with work, and with colleagues who aren't Towers regulars but have been recently.

We all felt like having The Smiler music on in X Sector today was sort of teasing! You could clearly hear The Smiler music yet the ride was closed. I don't know how difficult it would be, but we felt it would be better to have different audio running.

Strange... As normally when the ride is closed they turn the music off. When the soundtrack is playing after all you can hear little else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Good, one of my biggest bugbears is when a rides down the music is off - it completely devoids the area of atmosphere and makes the situation feel worse.

Music should be on at all times when guests are around, regardless of if rides are on or not.

X-Sector was fine before the music, though, so a few ambient sounds like it used to have is fine by mean. It seemed to work okay for the 15 seasons before The Smiler opened.

Also, in other news, it seems that this recent days closure have allowed Towers to fix The Giggler as it is now spewing out at full power it seems today. I'm pleased by this :)

Photo Credit: Theme Park Guide Facebook

1167503_535113943210576_496181438_o.jpg

I get the feeling that it like sponsor a brick thing people do to get money for a project.

Maybe #smilerseats is get your name on a seat on one of the trains, so you can (in name only) ride the smiler all day long. And if you cough up enough you can be the first rider of the day, in the seat that holds your name.

:D :D

[/TongueInCheek]

Can I hear sales going "Do'h, why didn't we think of that" :D

Apparently the Smile Seats are just the seats with cameras for an on-board dvd. Weirdly named if it is just that though.

Towers said the other day that they were a way "to get on The Smiler quicker than the rest" that is exclusive to Twitter. So it doesn't sound like they will be seats for the on-ride video. I have no idea what they could be really.

:)