• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

James said:
Apparently the Smile Seats are just the seats with cameras for an on-board dvd. Weirdly named if it is just that though.

Why wouldn't all the seats have cameras? I doubt that is the case.

Quite a cool idea this! I loved the wee treasure hunt style game they played earlier on in the season where they gave a prize to the first person to go to a certain location.

This seems like a set amount of cards will be hidden each day and then clues will be placed on Twitter. If you find the card, you win a Fastrack! It's a cool idea anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Yep...

Visiting? Look out for #SmileSeats passes hidden around the Resort - Each gives Fastrack to #TheSmiler for 2 people!

Thank god it's not reserved seats.

BSXNwi5CIAALQ0Y.jpg:large

Would be good if they sorted out reliability issues with the ride first before advertising for fast track tickets hidden around the resort - chances are the ride will be closed anyway judging by the past few months performance!

Just a quick question does anyone know what has happened to the Inaculator? When they were testing the ride it had 2 jets going, then the first time we rode it 1 jet was working then ever since there has been no jets working when we have been on. Also did the lights originally flash on the flasher? Sorry if these have already been answered but just got me thinking yesterday when I was on park.

Even more netting has been added to The Smiler since I was there a week or so ago.The netting now covers ALL of the queue line

P1080247.JPG

P1080248.JPG

P1080253.JPG

There used to be 2 jets which would spray just before the train passed them, so as you went past them you would get the remaining mist in the face which was quite refreshing. I can only guess the jets are blocked or something.

As for the flasher, the lights would illuminate as the train approached but they didnt flash as such. To be honest, in bright sunlight you didnt really notice it as you whizzed past. Will be interesting over Scarefest though...

So they built the silly caged queue and in the end covered everything in netting? Can't help but think we could have just had netting from the start and a less claustrophobic queue as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

All 3 Inoculator syringes have worked when I have been there.

However sadly, it appears that The Giggler is very rarely on any more and hardly ever at full power. On all 3 of my visits it has been off. I thought that they'd recently fixed after the recent days closure as pictures showed it on at full blast but in recent days it hasn't been running at all. It's a shame really :(

Was there yesterday, (first time since opening weekend) and I was a little disappointed, the giggler wasn't doing anything, nor was the innoculator and the ride was a lot more rough! I rode on every row, and even the front row was still much more rough than I remember from opening weekend? Still a great coaster, but I think nemesis is still no1 for me!

Wasn't the Giggler partly responsible for the huge puddles that collated in the middle of the queueline? That may account for it not being on so much these days.

Most of the time, the wind carries the mist from the Giggler to the batwing and cobra roll area though, completely away from the queue line. It was recently turned on again (fixed?) about 5 days ago and was seen at full power, however the last three days it has been off I believe. As to the reason why, I have no idea.

Hi all, this is my first post here. Nice forum. Anyway, thought I'd just mention about the Giggler. Strangely, I was there at the same time as Cotda, in fact I was there on Saturday and Sunday and the Giggler was working when I saw it:

e6a3a3a5.jpg

The Innoculator was working fine too. On a side note, awesome ride! Amazing theming.

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

Yeah the giggler and inoculator was working Saturday and the smoke in the station was on full which looked great.

Not noticed any increased roughness myself on my most recent rides

From what I've read on here I understand there's a 'rough carriage'. I think I must have had this on Saturday as there was a lot more vibration than I had on my second ride on Sunday.

With the general roughness, I don't mind it. I come away feeling battered and like I've been taken to the limit. B&M coasters like Air or The Swarm are fantastic rides but feel quite clinical in comparison. With Air I came off saying "that is a great ride", but with the Smiler I came off saying "that ride is absolutely insane"!

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

I actually think that The Smiler may have become a little smoother of late! I used to always get what I term "Smiler bruises" after even just one ride: a cluster of little tiny bruises on the inside of my upper arms from them bashing against the restraints.

I don't think anything about me has changed. I still think the bruises were due to my arms being too fat, and I still always have my arms up when riding, but I've been lots during the past few weeks, and no Smiler bruises!

I'm not sure how/what could have changed, but I'm definitely not being bruised by it anymore.

I also have to say that I absolutely love the two airtime hills on the ride. I love airtime anyway, but they are just...wow! :twirly:

What may have changed is that after experimenting with different sets they may have now found the best sets of wheels to use, the bearings would have also have worn in etc.

They clearly edited out the bit where nothing happened for 2months ;p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2