• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

electricBlll said:
Interesting pizza discussion.

Is closed season over yet?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hey, I have been pretty calm all closed season, getting some last minute micro ranting in!!

That extended queue though. Coupled with those toilet supports. How the entrance itself is stuck behind the hideous fence. The view being blocked to the ride even more.

I'll let you have the pizza, even though I still think it's crap, but come on - surely we're all united in how utterly abysmal that queue is?

I don't even mind the one inside that much because of the ride interaction, it's the mass of concrete that is awful in the pit - the pit queue can actually (bar for the summer issues/water issues) help set a tone in this case for the ride itself.

TheMan said:
the entrance itself

...is completely appalling.

Who cares about the pizza. Once the sponsorship runs out it'll all be forgotten. It's not like its a physical part of the attraction or anything.

:p

As said before, the idea isn't new. Nemesis had that "vile" blackcurrant and liquorish pop and Oblivion both had deodorant and condoms which had nothing to do with the ride. I quite like the idea of branded food advertising being back, you don't see it that often now. I do think they missed a trick with not making the pizza look like the Smiler logo though.

An argument about pizza... only on TowersStreet. :p

This is just the start, wait until you all see the 5 x 10ft neon red and yellow Goodfellas pizza sign attached to the X-Sector sign. ;)

To be fair this has no impact on The Smiler at all, who cares - just go with it!

James said:
An argument about pizza... only on TowersStreet. :p

This is just the start, wait until you all see the 5 x 10ft neon red and yellow Goodfellas pizza sign attached to the X-Sector sign. ;)

To be fair this has no impact on The Smiler at all, who cares - just go with it!

James, please, I have a reputation to uphold. First it's Smiler Pizza, then what? If don't put an end to this blatant tyranny we'll be eating Sub TerraFlakes!

Towers freak said:
TheMan said:
If don't put an end to this blatant tyranny we'll be eating Sub TerraFlakes!

Sub Terraflakes, mmmmmm the taste of mediocrity.

Is that like normal breakfast but with teen's from Uttoxeter and the surrounding areas shouting at you whilst you eat?

I've heard that The Smiler's shop has been turned into a takeway pizza place over the closed season to tie in with this marketing... ;)

In all seriousness I don't see a problem with this pizza thing at all. It's just a bit of promotioned aimed at getting more people to the park. I'm sure there will be no signs of it at all at Towers.

:)

Rob said:
I've heard that The Smiler's shop has been turned into a takeway pizza place over the closed season to tie in with this marketing... ;)

In all seriousness I don't see a problem with this pizza thing at all. It's just a bit of promotioned aimed at getting more people to the park. I'm sure there will be no signs of it at all at Towers.

Well the on-pack 2for1s and promotion that Kellog's Krave did last year resulted in free packs of Krave being handed out. Not expecting there to be on-park free pizza though!

jon81uk said:
Rob said:

Well the on-pack 2for1s and promotion that Kellog's Krave did last year resulted in free packs of Krave being handed out. Not expecting there to be on-park free pizza though!
If there is though I'm calling this as the best marketing ever.

Free pizza is always good pizza.

OK, you know how I have a reputation for moaning (points to sig)? Wanna know how I feel about this pizza?

I.
Don't.
Care.

It makes no difference to the ride whatsoever. There is very little, if anything, about The Smiler that could be made "worse" by being associated with pizza. Just look at the amount of tat sold in the shop, any old lump of yellow plastic they can get their hands on, with a Smiler logo stamped on it!

This, on the other hand, is advertising. It's getting the ride name out there in places people would not expect to see it. Isn't that exactly what we all liked about the initial ad campaign for this ride?

Anyone who has bitched about pizza is officially banned from ever complaining about anything I say again. ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
OK, you know how I have a reputation for moaning (points to sig)? Wanna know how I feel about this pizza?

I.
Don't.
Care.

It makes no difference to the ride whatsoever. There is very little, if anything, about The Smiler that could be made "worse" by being associated with pizza. Just look at the amount of tat sold in the shop, any old lump of yellow plastic they can get their hands on, with a Smiler logo stamped on it!

This, on the other hand, is advertising. It's getting the ride name out there in places people would not expect to see it. Isn't that exactly what we all liked about the initial ad campaign for this ride?

Anyone who has bitched about pizza is officially banned from ever complaining about anything I say again. ;)

You're a traitor.

Anyway here is said pizza, as spotted today in Tesco, complete with 2 for 1 and 50% off hotel stay voucher!

1184822_625663274170787_97045601_n.jpg

1150426_625663277504120_1397152637_n.jpg