• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

It's funny...

thesmiler.com belongs to nike for some reason...

and thesmiler.co.uk has been privately registered since 2004.

I don't think the name is either The Smiler or The Inoculator. I don't think it'll have a "the" in it to be frank. No other AT coaster does and I'm pretty sure these Twitter updates are just teasers, there will be a bigger reveal IMO on the 2013 site or on a TV advert.

I think Smiler is a pretty good bet or something like Corrector?

Just throwing it out there

I HATE The Smiler. I bet all my money that there is no way SW7 will be called The Smiler. (I'm 12.. I dont have that much money but still...) i could see enterprise being renamed The Smiler though. I like The Inoculator A bit more, but its sgill not perfect. AT are just teasing us, I dont see a name release coming for a few weeks yet, and when it does, I see a big ott announcement, not just some little banners posted on twitter.

Sanction said:
Maybe the Inoculator is a new name for submission?
Submission has a good name for the area/theme/pain it causes so it shouldn't be changed :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
Sanction said:
Submission has a good name for the area/theme/pain it causes so it shouldn't be changed :)
Submission is a strong name and it's to much effort changing signs and the rides pre recorded messages.

Sanction said:
I really like that actually!! It sounds hi-tech, and if like I presume Enterprise is being renamed The Smiler, The Inoculator sounds great for submission! However in both cases dropping the "The" would be much better. I dont think that submission needs a new name, but Inoculator would certainly fit in with the area more.
New for 2012!!!
#GetCorrected with Inoculator!
Smile again with Smiler!
Face your fears with (SW7)

I'm on the side that believes the Inoculator is the name of the Spider...or something else that happens during the ride.

I don't think the ride would be named that though.

Re: Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

James said:
I quite like The Smiler due to its simplicity and the fact it works very well with the whole theme of SW7. I'm hoping it will be the name of the ride.

I just has a completely random thought. Lets say these two update were connected to the same video.

BA-X2_iCcAEUoTM.jpg

BBADIDMCcAIdxzX.jpg

We know the first picture says 'You belong' and the second picture says '-eator. The Inoculator'. Filling in the blanks I made this up:

"You belong to our creator. The Inoculator."

Could fit in well with the spider structure (it being 'The Inoculator', this mysterious being that sits over X-Sector, watching, knowing, controlling...). I know I'm probably wrong but it just popped into my head and I thought it was quite catchy. :p

I like this idea, but I feel it may be flawed, as for starters I think that its just 'The Inoculator' repeated again. But also, surely Dr Kelman would be the one watching over X Sector, and if they've already said his name in 'The Sanctuary' then why would they change it?

I agree with the spider thing being called The Inoculator as it would be awful for a video if it just had that 'The Inoculator' repeated again and again. It looks like an LCD screen, do it could just be one on the spider continuously going around to tell everyone its name.

This could however mean that it is SW7s name, I mean we can never rule anything out. I personally hate it as a name, I love the idea behind it, but the actual name is awful. I disliked 'The Smiler' but I will be glad now if it is the name, due to my hatred of 'The Inoculator' as a ride.name.

Had to write waaaaay too many 'The's then, it took too much effort. Please don't let it actually have 'the' in it, or it'll take even more effort.

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.

Re: Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

daveslodge said:
Odds on the phrase, 'Turn your frown upside down' being used anyone?
That's brilliant! I can't imagine Dr Kelman saying that though, I think of him as more mysterious than that, and I bet now he will as well :/
But I do hope that phrase is used somewhere by someone.

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.

As mentioned by someone above, I think Corrector could be a good shout.

I like the name "Compliance" . Plus it was used in The Santurary. :)

I noticed this last night, and still find it strange. Our friend Mr smiles has evolved... The eyes are merged more now, and I'm sure he has more teeth(if that's what they are?) I mean I know that logos are given a bit of an update, such as Nemmy and AT themselves, but not in that short a space of time. I'm just wondering why Alton would update it, when the logo got such a positive reaction before.
I've done a picture for comparison :)
evolutionofsmileysmall_zpsc3d2133e.jpg

Also if you look, the logo on the merchandise (T-shirts & Hoodys) last season is different to all the other ones...

Could be done so that every time you see it, whilst you do recognise it, the subtle differences do catch your eye? That way, even if you've seen the logo before, you're still interested in it in a new way? Or they could just be experimenting with whatever one has the most impact? :p

Good spot though!

CupCakeMonster said:
I noticed this last night, and still find it strange. Our friend Mr smiles has evolved... The eyes are merged more now, and I'm sure he has more teeth(if that's what they are?) I mean I know that logos are given a bit of an update, such as Nemmy and AT themselves, but not in that short a space of time. I'm just wondering why Alton would update it, when the logo got such a positive reaction before.
I've done a picture for comparison :)
evolutionofsmileysmall_zpsc3d2133e.jpg

I see where you're coming from with the 'teeth', but strangely enough I just counted numerous times, and it would appear they both have 16. As for the merged eyes, I agree. I prefer the new logo, it has more disorientated connotations.

I think the one with the "merged" eyes might be the one from the videos with the eyes spinning. I think they will probably keep two designs for advertising, the one with spinning eyes and the one with static, well defined, eyes.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.