• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Loving the syringe USB! Im looking forward to seeing the more unusual and special merchandise apposed to the usual mugs, pens and keyrings! :twirly:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the merch! For starters I want to nab myself a hoodie, mug and that cool syringe USB! And no, I'm not going to buy ALL 82 items lol - even if I had the money aha!

Using Tapatalk...

Lottie. said:
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the merch! For starters I want to nab myself a hoodie, mug and that cool syringe USB! And no, I'm not going to buy ALL 82 items lol - even if I had the money aha!

Using Tapatalk...

I would buy most of it ;D - I am a standard "Rave/Acid" smiley face fan and have been for years! I'd hoover the lot up.

That being said, the syringe is very prominent in a lot of this marketing - there would be no need for that, unless somehow it forms part of the ride/story.

How does that fit in to a multi looping Gerst? This may well prove to be an interesting aspect to this ride, being so prominent in the brilliant merch.

All I can say now is, MAP, 20% off?? PHEW!!

:twirly:

djtruefitt said:
I can imagine a very yellow and black shop :p If you arent a fan of yellow then this ride or shop probably isnt for you!

Can there be lots of TV's and strobe lighting in the shop too? As part of the marmalisation process to implant the thought of purchasing the 82 items of merchandise in the shop too? :)

Apparently the shop will be like no shop you have ever been in before, so it makes a change from the usual shipping containers! :p

Even though there's nothing to back the claim up. I'm still hoping there'll be a glass floor, it sounds pretty cool to be honest.

:)

Alton Towers have posted a new picture of the mobile/tablet The Smiler game:

u5u3e3ys.jpg

They hinted on Twitter too by saying 'will the secrets of the ride finally be revealed?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I don't think it's an entirely new image, just a zoomed in version of one of the shots on the minisite. :p

It does seem as though they could reveal something pretty important with the game though. I personally hope it doesn't give the inside layout away though; have it as an unlockable feature after you've been on the ride so it doesn't spoil it. Though if they give away the secret element, whatever it is, then they may as well.. XD

I wonder when the game will be released...
I'm sure somewhere it said February, so possibly in the next few weeks!

Maya said:

I've heard somewhere it isn't supposed to be released until after half term but I could be wrong

siralgenon said:
Maya said:

I've heard somewhere it isn't supposed to be released until after half term but I could be wrong

You heard it from AT's twitter:

@altontowers Will #TheSmilerGame be available before @moshimonsters February Half term event ? :)

@Towers2Go no it won't be available until after Half Term.

I still think its curious that the game seems to allow you to add bits and features to the ride as you play. Wonder if your going to have to do a bit of work to get the secrets of The Smiler.

Dave said:
I still think its curious that the game seems to allow you to add bits and features to the ride as you play. Wonder if your going to have to do a bit of work to get the secrets of The Smiler.

I wonder if you will have to help build the real ride itself at this rate.....

I really like the "half was converted" part in that image.

Hope it's something they actually plan to have on the real finished ride.

A quick point. I noticed today that The Smiler advertising at University station Birmingham has now been removed from the barriers. I don't know if this is the same at other stations. It didn't seem to last that long which is a shame.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.