• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Not entirely sure where to post this but am I the only one fearing that during peak season, some dud is going to ride The Smiler with The Smiler Mouthpiece on and choke on it? Thus complaining to AT despite warnings, and bigging/selling their story to The Sun from their own stupidity for money, similar to the Blivvy Syringe last year... yet I still see them for Nemesis.

Alas upon visiting Manchester today, two Smiler posters that I previously saw... has been reduce to one because of... Craig Charles. *shudders*

Stelios said:
Not entirely sure where to post this but am I the only one fearing that during peak season, some dud is going to ride The Smiler with The Smiler Mouthpiece on and choke on it?

Hopefully common sense will prevail!

Stelios said:
Not entirely sure where to post this but am I the only one fearing that during peak season, some dud is going to ride The Smiler with The Smiler Mouthpiece on and choke on it?

I can genuinely see that happening.

So far, I think the marketing for the Smiler has been good, but I worry that it's not 'down with the kids' enough.

A couple of ideas for Alton Towers:

1. Describe the ride as the world's first #YOLOcoaster.

2. Promote a record number of #WINversions

3. Remodel the Marmaliser as a helicopter-like structure and call it the #ROFLCOPTER.

The kids will love it.

(Note to Alton Towers staff: there's more gold where this came from. I'm available to work as a ride marketing consultant)

Stelios said:

If someone thinks riding a ride like that with a large bit of large plastic in their mouth is a good idea, they bloody well deserve to choke! :p

Withnail said:
So far, I think the marketing for the Smiler has been good, but I worry that it's not 'down with the kids' enough.

A couple of ideas for Alton Towers:

1. Describe the ride as the world's first #YOLOcoaster.

Pretty sure Six Flags are using YOLO in some format with Full Throttle. And even if The Smiler had any of this YOLO crap attached to it one way or another, I would refuse to ride it.

I think there was perhaps just a hint of sarcasm in Adam's post there Danny ;)

Back to a little more ssrious discussion anyway :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Smile Pills:

734495_464739320263184_1203512679_n.jpg

You can buy a tube of cola millions in Towers Trading, which these are, for £1 and get more than are in these £2.50 jars. Bit of a rip off to be honest ::)

RustyRider said:
Wilsy said:

Who comes up with this crap?! Never normally a moaner... But this really isn't the most appropriate product to be selling in a family targeted attraction? Especially marketing them as 'pills'!!

Yeah, I really don't think Merlin has quite thought these through. It's hard to think of 'smile pills' and not think of some kind of narcotic.

They've got a massive new ride that has connotations with drugs and intoxication, why not some merchandise too? :twirly: :twirly:

Its just common sense, people will look at the logo, will have heard of the ride, may have done the sanctuary and will get the theme? I don't see the issue. Yay for more merch, especially the edible kind :p

electricBlll said:
They've got a massive new ride that has connotations with drugs and intoxication, why not some merchandise too? :twirly: :twirly:

Not everyone will get the reference to drugs... However a tub of 'pills' isn't so vague and will be in reach of any aged child, kids popping fake pills in a theme park...excellent!

Incidentally, I think they're a good idea and fit the general theme and feeling of The Smiler very well. However, the price of £2.50 (I think) is an absolute rip off.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.