• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
TheMan said:
AshleeKel said:
TheMan said:
I think I have found The Smiler music online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk#

I don't get it :/

Not entirely sure many will, you will most likely need to be of a certain "era" ;D

It's an old rave song about, er, smiley pills... - felt it quite apt to the present marketing. Those of a "rave" vintage will be finding many rather obvious links as things move along.

The uniforms, the logo, smile pills, rainbow staircase - this is akin to those who used to listen to Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds and think it was about a young lady ;D

:twirly:

If someone in their 30s/40s didn't design the concept behind this ride, I will be astonished.

"Naughty, naughty, very naughty. Hahahahaha!"

Use this song as part of a TRR type thing and I'd be raving in the queue line all day long

Just read on TTF that Colgate is sponsoring the smiler!

Given the date today I'm pretty sure it's not true but lunacy if it is.

And besides, wouldn't Colgate clash with Cola/Fanta? ;)

Hahaha, you know it's that day when...

:p

Towseriv said:
Just read on TTF that Colgate is sponsoring the smiler!

Given the date today I'm pretty sure it's not true but lunacy if it is.

I've gotta hand it to TT, that's a pretty good April Fools :p

Back to the Smiler pills, they are £3.50 and not £2.50 :p Making them a massive rip off.

Nice idea, but I dont like that they are in all sorts of colours, everything else Smiler related to Yellow/black, yet these are in blue, yellow, purple, orange, pink and brown. And therefore look slightly out of place with the Smiler merch, hopefully when the ride opens there isnt other things like this looking out of place.

I bet they all taste exactly the same (powdery suggar and chemicals) regardless of colour.

I must be their target market.

I will be buying some. Not to eat, but to have in my studio and giggle at a lot.

Alton's Facebook Page said:
64809_10151541884406201_1198548162_n.jpg

In preparation for the launch of The Smiler, we've marmalised a celebrity - can you guess who? More details tomorrow...

Looks good! I like fun stuff like this, good, attention-grabbing material.

Re. the smile pills -

Not wanting to go all 'Daily Mail' (really - that's the last thing I want to do...) but as a parent, you work pretty hard to make a very clear distinction between 'pills' and 'sweets'. Anything that blurs that boundary is not particularly helpful.

Harvey. said:
Alton's Facebook Page said:
64809_10151541884406201_1198548162_n.jpg

In preparation for the launch of The Smiler, we've marmalised a celebrity - can you guess who? More details tomorrow...

Looks good! I like fun stuff like this, good, attention-grabbing material.

Those smile wrinkles are incredibly disturbing. :p

It's a good one though - gets people talking and relatively.. relatively related.

Far better than the stunts pulled for previous rides anyway.

I actually find it rather disturbing, although I am not sure how related it really is?! But hey ho it still has people talking!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.