• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That's actually rather good, I quite like that! Just a shame they were doing this rather than building the damn thing! :p

:)

This is great. Far and away the classiest marketing gimick the park has released - then again this isn't saying much.

The visibility of the men's harnesses in this photo in comparison to the imminent danger of the New Yorkers also serve as a historical reminder of important developments in health and safety standards for construction workers.

Wonder how they managed to do that without an enthusiast getting a picture of it? It must have taken a while for them I get up there and get the various angles. Still, I'm not going to complain - it's pretty clever marketing :)

Judging by X sector being empty in the pics, I can assume it was done either after closing or in the morning! ;)

I don't think they were literally having lunch! :p

Rob said:
That's actually rather good, I quite like that! Just a shame they were doing this rather than building the damn thing! :p

:)

I wouldn't worry too much. Most of the people in that photo aren't construction workers and are from various other departments across the resort! :p

Great stunt though all the same!

Some really nice pics, and it's nice to see some additional marketing away from talking about marmalisation etc. With track construction most likely set to be completed today or tomorrow I'd imagine we'll be seeing stuff every week or so at the very least now - great to finally see!

I spotted this in M&S food, and can't help but think it looks strangely similar to a certain :twirly:.. The park should sell these on the food stalls!

165448_10152793497295241_353536912_n.jpg

ITV have put up a small article and video showing the workers climbing up into position on the track, here.

T said:
I spotted this in M&S food, and can't help but think it looks strangely similar to a certain :twirly:.. The park should sell these on the food stalls!

That's cheeky!! Or one heck of a co-incidence!!

how much for a 2GB flash drive! I got a 36GB for less than a tenner a couple of weeks back.

But I am fancying a smiler Reporter Bag.

Take a bow lads, you've made it onto ITV News!

Your recreation got more media coverage than the murder of the NHS.

Hello Forum! Absolutely ages since I posted in here, but...

Earlier tonight, was culling my Facebook friends and generally clearing up my Twitter accounts, and noticed a new follower, who linked to a video. Don't know if this is fan made, official, or... but it's interesting nonetheless, and appears to be the first of a series - judging by the comments on the YouTube channel...

http://youtu.be/xDC9JHoIXPQ

Seems very elaborate to be fan made.

All I'll say is whoever made it, whether it be AT or a fan, it is incredibly detailed and could hint at the story of The Smiler. I am very impressed and can't wait for others in the series.

Also, I love how creepy it is. Smile. Always.

Great find and I was thinking the acting is poor especially from the lead guy but the last second is very effective.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.