• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don't think he's talking about the Smiler, I doubt it will be testing today during opening hours. It's likely they did some filming and are having some fun elsewhere in the park.

In Staffordshire preparing to throw laura around on a rollercoaster. There may be GoPro action. Tweet by @TVRav

Is probably referring to a different ride.

LiamC said:
waffle58 said:
Well I follow way to many people on twitter and a few of the ITV crew..
@TVRav is the Field Producer, Cameraman and Editor for ITV's breakfast show Daybreak.
These tweets may excite some of you?..
Filming @Lauratobin1 possibly screaming with fear on a new secret rollercoaster tomorrow. Watch this Space for pictures :)
Tweet by @TVRav

Then this tweet appeared 2 Hours ago..
In Staffordshire preparing to throw laura around on a rollercoaster. There may be GoPro action. Tweet by @TVRav

Looks like we are getting some ITV coverage very soon!

One can only assume this is happening when park is closed as opposed to running it while it's still open? :)

It's very likely that it will happen after park close yes. Although he does suggest immediacy with his wording. That tweet was posted at 11am though so if anyone was happening I imagine we'd already know ;)

Nice promo video. After spending all that dosh on professional lighting and film crews they could have at least uploaded a HD version! :eek:

morgano said:
I don't think he's talking about the Smiler, I doubt it will be testing today during opening hours. It's likely they did some filming and are having some fun elsewhere in the park.

Is probably referring to a different ride.

I think he is referring to The Smiler to be honest, this tweet would suggest that:

Filming @Lauratobin1 possibly screaming with fear on a new secret rollercoaster tomorrow. Watch this Space for pictures :) Tweet by @TVRav

The use of the words "new" and "secret" would say it is The Smiler :)

True, smoke could sort that problem, but the sheer volume that would be required to maintain any effect of lights would be woefully expensive and completely noneffective.

I'd much rather they saved their money for lighting at scarefest. This and Oblivion could look fantastic in the dark together.

I think it is a great advert for the coaster! The only thing I would have changed, is that I would like to have seen maybe a flash of yellow for the train as the video ended.

Hmmm interesting regarding these ITV Tweets. The person they said they're going to send on the coaster is a weather presenter, do they normally do these other reports as well? Also I find it hard to believe that the ride is ready for people to ride yet, testing hasn't been going that long. I'd be surprised if park officials had been on it, never mind the media.

:)

According to new around its the worlds loopiest coaster I think it will be on bluepeter

Coastermaster said:
According to new around its the worlds loopiest coaster I think it will be on bluepeter

I'd genuinely love it if they advertised The Siler as 'the world's loopiest rollercoaster' :p

Just seen this on Facebook, not overly sure where it originates from though:

375139_259026244241433_1005969492_n.jpg

I'm guessing it's a press image of some form.

:)

AshleeKel said:
I'd genuinely love it if they advertised The Siler as 'the world's loopiest rollercoaster' :p

it would fit with the messing with your mind theme :D

Why is it so hard to use the term 'inversion'?! It's cringeworthy reading paragraphs like:

A new rollercoaster has broken the Guinness World Record for the most loops.

The Smiler which will open at Alton Towers on May 23, has 14 loops: that's four more than the previous world record.

Arrghhh :p

Laura Tobin The ITV weather women just tweeted this..
Will I be the first member of the public to ride #thesmiler @altontowers Watch @daybreak tomorrow from 6am #scream

Looks like we have POV/Coverage coming tomorrow :D

I really wish that they gave a time for when they'll be showing it. I've got to get ready for school so can't hang around all day waiting for it. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.