• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
AT really have been sneaky about the testing, because if they are ready for riders without once testing it when the park is open, they must have done a lot at dark.

Andrew said:
I really wish that they gave a time for when they'll be showing it. I've got to get ready for school so can't hang around all day waiting for it. :p

Will probably be near the end for maximum coverage, and also to keep people watching.

This is a really odd way round of doing things.

Sites not ready, yet sending media out, do a video with a mightily impressive lighting rig, yet don't film it in HD or actually have any cars going around it!

Something isn't quite right about all that. The video is ok, but it misses the flash of a yellow car flying past! It has no energy about it.

The music is a bit naff also, the bits I expected tension to build, especially at the end the big crescendo, really never materialised at all.

Fuzzy, thrown together, no cars (er, important no?), very little tension - should have waited a couple of days and done it properly! Either that, OR, that is entirely what it looks like - a thrown together bit of footage, and something rather more salubrious is in the offing soon!

I think it is literally just a teaser. Something to whet your appetite.

They probably filmed it in HD but didn't upload because of time or whatever. I don't for one second think this is all they filmed using that lighting setup!

You realise they've not been having the cars go around in public view to create effect? Having them in the video showing track mentalness and beauty (and calm but powerful) would not work with a flipping car going around.

It's nice, it's the one thing they can have against us, noones seen the cars go around. Well, until it's all ruined on Daybreak.

I'm really not sure whether I want to see it before I ride it.

Of course I will. Not sure if I'll hate myself afterwards mind =P.

Apparently the ride may not be ready. Still having problems with sections of the track not being right from what I've heard from someone on park.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

auntiiimartiii said:
I'm really not sure whether I want to see it before I ride it.

Of course I will. Not sure if I'll hate myself afterwards mind =P.

I'll give you a 'lil hint!

The train... it's going to travel along the track at fast speed, then return to the station.

If you watch most POVs from that angle there is head-banging on all types of ride, simply due to the changes in direction and the laws of physics...

Let's not just base one ride's awfulness on an entire ride type eh?

I thought her head was fine. I actually thought it looked smooth compared to footage of saw and colossus and even nemesis. She doesn't seem to make contact with the restraint as much, it probably looks worse because she's clenched, making her movements more sudden. Since I doubt any of us will be bricking ourselves, I wouldn't think we would look like that.

Those final inversions and the air time hill though...look pretty amazing!

Nice.

The penultimate roll/corkscrew looks fantastic. I also was watching carefully on the air-time hill, and it appears there's some ejector, she definitely left the seat.

that's only the second half - wow, this does look fast & forceful, just what we were hoping for, perhaps even faster than I imagined actually. This is going to be a BEAST!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.