• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Very impressed, no gimmicks no superlatives just a good world beating record.

Whoever decided not to use trains in this avert needs to #getcorrected.

Finally the worst kept secret is revealed...

Towers Street News

Love the lighting and filming style, cant decide if leaving the cars off the video builds more tension or looks like its still not done.

Does this mean RCDB will finally update their inversion record holder from being Journey to the Stars to Smiler? :p

I would have at least thought there would have been the odd glimpse in the lighting and smoke of a ride car going around an inversion.

mikeroller said:
If only the lights were there all the time

Not much point really, the park doesnt open late enough to even get to dusk! (aside from Scarefest)

Not bad! Would've been nice to see a train go around, but I'm not all that bothered. Also, I thought it was lit very well from the video, and hopefully, this should bode well for Scarefest and Fireworks!

Iv'e just watched the video again, at one point where it shows you some people don't you think the one guy looks like Renny Krupinski? Doubt it is, would be great if it was though! :( They could let the story unfold throught the year even after The Smiler has opened!

The more I watch the more it seems like him, especially the way they zoom in on his face. It also looks as if he's watching and hiding to see what's going on of some sort!

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of those idents as they seem quite detailed to just break-up a video like this one.

joshc807 said:
Iv'e just watched the video again, at one point where it shows you some people don't you think the one guy looks like Renny Krupinski? Doubt it is, would be great if it was though!

I did think that as well actually!

Nice little teaser video, and I'd expect we'll see more of that sort of thing with the cars going round once the ride has opened. :p

I think the best thing about that video is that you can't even tell that it's still a construction site! ;)

Very impressive though, that lighting looks amazing! Would be great to see something similar at Scarefest, although the chances of that are almost zero I'd say.

:)

That's amazing Although it shows nothing more than we've all seen before it makes the ride look so much more amazing than it already does! Wonder how long til a TV advert and wether we'll see trains going round hen ? :)

there has been photo released that shows a train on a green screen set so, i would say the full advert has a high likely hood of having a train in it.

Well I follow way to many people on twitter and a few of the ITV crew..
@TVRav is the Field Producer, Cameraman and Editor for ITV's breakfast show Daybreak.
These tweets may excite some of you?..
Filming @Lauratobin1 possibly screaming with fear on a new secret rollercoaster tomorrow. Watch this Space for pictures :)
Tweet by @TVRav

Then this tweet appeared 2 Hours ago..
In Staffordshire preparing to throw laura around on a rollercoaster. There may be GoPro action. Tweet by @TVRav

Looks like we are getting some ITV coverage very soon!

Yaaaaay :S We all know what a glowing job ITV did last time they were let loose filming one of Alton's new rides!

Ah well, at least the Smiler looks a bit more interesting on camera than Th13teen does! I'll be impressed if they can make 14 Inversions look boring!

waffle58 said:
Well I follow way to many people on twitter and a few of the ITV crew..
@TVRav is the Field Producer, Cameraman and Editor for ITV's breakfast show Daybreak.
These tweets may excite some of you?..
Filming @Lauratobin1 possibly screaming with fear on a new secret rollercoaster tomorrow. Watch this Space for pictures :)
Tweet by @TVRav

Then this tweet appeared 2 Hours ago..
In Staffordshire preparing to throw laura around on a rollercoaster. There may be GoPro action. Tweet by @TVRav

Looks like we are getting some ITV coverage very soon!

One can only assume this is happening when park is closed as opposed to running it while it's still open? :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.