• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Train Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

That pic looks like bright yellow OTSRs to my eye. I see three at the top of the picture. They look the same as SAW:

SAW-7.jpg

I am SO glad that this lap bar/OTSR debate can finally be put to rest!

Danny said:
I am SO glad that this lap bar/OTSR can finally be put to rest!

Haha I'm sure they took that picture deliberately just so it ISN'T put to rest ;)

And just to really put it to bed, here are Gerstlauer's lap bars on Dare Devil Dive:

9ktjb0003hle1l2n724l24.jpg

Clearly not the same as we have here. Yet what we have is identical to the bottom of Gerst's OTSRs, which all in all equals OTSRs. I'm not at all disappointed as it's what I've been fully expecting for a while now.

:)

Rob said:
And just to really put it to bed, here are Gerstlauer's lap bars on Dare Devil Dive:

Clearly not the same as we have here. Yet what we have is identical to the bottom of Gerst's OTSRs, which all in all equals OTSRs. I'm not at all disappointed as it's what I've been fully expecting for a while now.

Their lapbars on DDD and Iron Shark are completely different. Who's to say they haven't done the same again and redesigned them?

Re: Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

As I have pointed out in the train speculation topic, it is clear that they are OTSRs.

Unless they've done a Blue Fire, it's gonna be OTSRs then...

Can't find a decent pic of Iron Shark to give a definite answer, but from that image, it's pretty much nailed on...

Indeed based on the fact there is no bar for a floor mounted lapbars and the fact the shape at the bottom of the harness is identical to gerst OTSR it's almost certain we can put lap-bars to rest.

Of course it's possible. But they are identical to the OTSRs. Anyone expecting lap bars now is going to be severely disappointed! If those do turn out to be lap bars I will happily hold my hands up and apologise for being so confident and wrong about OTSRs.

Benzin said:
Unless they've done a Blue Fire, it's gonna be OTSRs then...

Can't find a decent pic of Iron Shark to give a definite answer, but from that image, it's pretty much nailed on...

This is what I think - these style of restraints:

Blue%20Fire%20Model.jpg

Which would also match up with the image in The Sun (only in respect of the device on top of the handles) as well as the German article that suggested there could be heartbeat sensors/monitors in the trains:

smilerlapbars.jpg

Rob said:
Of course it's possible. But they are identical to the OTSRs. Anyone expecting lap bars now is going to be severely disappointed! If those do turn out to be lap bars I will happily hold my hands up and apologise for being so confident and wrong about OTSRs.

I won't give up hope until I see the full picture! :p

Benzin said:

Just to disprove the idea of Gerstlauer Lapbars even more:

azj978.jpg

This is the best picture I could get of Iron Shark's Trains so you can see the restraints.

Rob said:

azj978.jpg

This is the best picture I could get of Iron Shark's Trains so you can see the restraints.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Rob said:

azj978.jpg

Those are T-bar style, whilst DDD's are over the head style. They couldn't be more different in terms of lapbar design!

Alastair said:
Rollercoasters4Life said:
Rob said:

azj978.jpg

Those are T-bar style, whilst DDD's are over the head style. They couldn't be more different in terms of lapbar design!

Gerstlauer have done two types of lapbars - Rob showed you one and I showed you the other. I disproved Iron Sharks type, and it also looks like Rob has disproved DDD lapbars.

Would've loved to have seen lap bars! Oh well! It is pretty obvious comparing them to the other picture that they are lap bars.

Their lapbars on DDD and Iron Shark are completely different. Who's to say they haven't done the same again and redesigned them?

This is what clutching at straws looks like.

OTSR - 1

Lap-Bars - 0

Alas, I will admit it was an opportunity lost though. I was hoping to be wrong.

Well we can 100% rule out T-bar restraints, and isn't that what those who expected lap bars based on some of the very small promotional images were expecting? This does prove that the trains in some of the promotional images were not accurate though, no surprises there for me!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.