• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Train Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Roger Ramrod said:
Do the actual cars themselves have little airgates on...? Or do you have to climb in...?

Isn't that the same with SAW at Thorpe where you climb in to their cars? I can't remember :p

Yucky yellow, but yay for Mr Twirly on the front. I can live with the OTSR's too, just have to brace myself for some pain... eurgh.

Whilst I like those trains a lot, I don't half think of this chap below when I see them.

images

Was really hoping for Lapbars, mainly because I Haven't experienced them before, though was expecting OSTR. Look forward to seeing these hurtle around the track!

Roger Ramrod said:
Do the actual cars themselves have little airgates on...? Or do you have to climb in...?

I would certainly hope they have them, otherwise disabled access is going to be a nightmare!

Love.Them.
They look great after the years recently of grey and black restraints. Nice to see something different! :twirly:

The shade of yellow seems paler and not as vibrant as the yellow associated with The Smiler up to this point.

I don't like that perforated yellow mesh either. The trains look a little tacky in general. I don't hate them, but they are disappointing.

All Eurofighters have raised sides, this pic of Rage clearly shows the step down into the car:

1qr3sjnjvd528cs3flg00o.jpg

At least there's no pointless seatbelts to slow down throughput, as on Rage.

I like the cars, they are exactly as the game suggested and what i was expecting which is not a problem as i like them. The logo looks really imposing on the front of the car which is good.

Puzzled and slightly amused as to why anyone was expecting anything other than yellow OTSRs at this stage?

Trains look amazing, anyway! Can't wait to see this whizzing around the track! :D will be interesting to know how good a view those sitting further back will have though!

No, no, no. What people don't realise is that this is just for marketing.

Marketing just isn't true and well, basically in 5 days time you'll all be looking sorry for yourselves because the Smiler definitely has lap bars.

Because actually, the fact they're marketing it with OTSRs means that they are actually going to put lap-bars on the actual ride.

The "cheese graters" should mean these things are (relatively speaking) light which probably explains the need for the trims as they'll behave differently to their previous trains.

Dobba said:
The "cheese graters" should mean these things are (relatively speaking) light which probably explains the need for the trims as they'll behave differently to their previous trains.

That's be a pretty neglible reduction in mass. The trim will be because of the higher mass and increased momentum of these two-car trains, I would say.

I like how creating a ride (or in this case a train) against all visual evidence is now considered a joke on this forum after the hilarity that was the TH13TEEN construction in which a majority of posts did exactly that.

Progress!

Tom said:
Never noticed the headbanger side pads on EF trains before.

No I had never noticed them before either, I think it's only because they are a different colour to the rest of the restraint that they have become noticeable! I've had a look and all the other Eurofighters do indeed have them though.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.