• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler will not open Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

Re: Smiler Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

I think the majority of the group will be on park till park close, and the Smiler will probably end up being one of the final rides of the day, as thats usually the case with a new ride!

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can time it right so maybe I could join you for the Smiler as the final ride then. I don't want to put out the people I'm going with but it seems silly to waste the opportunity to say hello.

Yes :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I shall be there earlier than that, treating it as the ride's opening day! ;)

You still planning to be at the Park entrance for 8am Rob?

Ian

The Monorail only opens at 8.30 so it's not really worth arriving much earlier.

I would like to be at the plaza for just after 8.30.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Smiler Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

Roll on this meet :D I'll aim to get there between 8 and 8.30 but will be nice to see you all again and finally ride the Smiler!

I expect there to be a lot of separation during this meet, people wanting to ride back row, people wanting to ride front row, people who have been on Thursday wanting to do other stuff, people wanting to re-ride.

Is it worth having a set time, after lunch maybe, once everyone has had the chance to ride it at least once, where we can meet up as a big group, all queue together?

Ian

We do need to organise a meeting point during the day to get a group photo! That usually happens after lunch or later in the afternoon.

And The Smiler would make a perfect photo point, so that all seems to nicely fit in to place :)

Going to have to try and find some way to merge the two meet photos together to create a single meet photo ;)

Ian

As I'm a wheelchair user I will be parking in the express/disabled car park so I wont be coming to the hotel I will waiting at the entrance, how will I know who you are?

Look out for Astro (aka this fine fellow) as he's typically the leader of the group!

65689_10100396046074525_1913709754_n.jpg

IanB said:
I expect there to be a lot of separation during this meet, people wanting to ride back row, people wanting to ride front row, people who have been on Thursday wanting to do other stuff, people wanting to re-ride.

Is it worth having a set time, after lunch maybe, once everyone has had the chance to ride it at least once, where we can meet up as a big group, all queue together?

Ian
Tavern ???

IanB said:
You still planning to be at the Park entrance for 8am Rob?

Ian

I plan to arrive at about 8am, then walk down to the entrance to be there for about 8.20ish I think. I'm expecting the park to be very busy so want to get in ahead of the queues which probably build up.

I do agree that it may be a good idea to have a meeting point a little later in the day as well. Those of us that have not been on The Smiler will probably head in its direction more quickly than those that have (ie I plan a light jog to X-Sector in true geek fashion ;) ). It's probably unlikely that we all make it to The Smiler at the same time in the morning.

:)

Smiler Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

^ Just be careful not to fall over on the way to X Sector Rob... ;)

FAO TST'ers. I am currently advertising a place in our room at Splash next Saturday & Sunday night/s (Maybe 2 on Sunday) if anyone is interested in staying on resort on the cheap here's your chance. The bargain price of £30 a night or £50 for both nights is available at this amazing AP Discount. Mr Hindhaugh and I wish for a non-sleep farter and non-snorer (both male and female inclusive) If you would like to join on resort then IM me asap, first come first serve (Milk tokens & Pleasure Beach Pounds will not be accepted) Enjoy your evening & SMILE! @_@

*SAT NIGHT NOW FULL, SUNDAY NIGHT 2 SPOTS OPEN* :)

Cool, if anyone wants a lift from Sheffield/Rotherham to arrive at Park for 8am let me know, means a 6.30ish departure

Ian

Haha, Astro's the one I stole the Ridecount from for my talk the other day :p

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what the afternoon meeting time/place will be. Thanks for helping accommodate me.

To the Douglas Adams aficionados, would anybody (besides me) like to bring a towel in commemoration of Towel Day? Who knows, maybe waving a towel at an unsuspecting Marmalised individual may break the hallucinatory hypnotics!

Towel-day-Infographic1.jpg