• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler will not open Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TS SMILER MEET: Saturday, 25th May 2013

Our "second part" SMILER Meet is on Saturday, 25th May - 2 days after the rides opening.

It's just a one day meet, but some people are likely to be staying over on resort to celebrate the world-record ride!

If you'll be there, then we can't wait to see you!

:)

Re: TS Smiler Meet: 25th May 2013

I'll be there, can't wait, only 2 weeks to go! ;D Not sure about staying over anywhere yet though, I'd like to with it being the weekend after I finish uni but I shall have to see!

:)

I shall be stopping on park if wants to book a room with me

Since work has messed up my bank holiday hours, my plans for that weekend have fallen through leaving me with the 25th May free so I will probably be there! Won't be staying over as I still have work on the 26th. Not too sure if I'll be going on the 23rd May mind you aha! :p But yay for the Smiler opening.

I shall be there, 25th only! I can't wait, like seriously, soooo EXCITED! :D

Seems like it's my first proper meet in ages too, can't wait to see you all again! :D

Anyone who would like to stop on resort let me know :)

Hello there
I'm a long time reader, just never made an account, also have an account Towers Times

Hopefully I should be going to the meet, if that fine to join?

How much is the resort going for at the moment josh? Even half each is still majorly expensive right? Is any discount codes?

pritchardavid said:
Hello there
I'm a long time reader, just never made an account, also have an account Towers Times

How much is the resort going for at the moment josh? Even half each is still majorly expensive right? Is any discount codes?
I think it's £54 each at the monument

josht said:
pritchardavid said:
Hello there

I think it's £54 each at the monument
Sadly not, it seems :(
Unless there are discount codes anywhere?
Just had a look for the 25th on the AT Website

£265.50 for the Alton Towers Hotel for 2 people
and £247.50 for the Splash Landings Hotel for 2 people

Possibly. Not sure if I can make it or not, but will try and pop along.

Vane is fully booked, so is Chained Oak... No idea where to stay :S

Not Resort.

Damn was gonna ring the chained oak tomorrow :(
Looks like its a Travelogue, Premier Inn or Holiday Inn

Anyone want to share a room?

I'll be there with everyone attending on Smiler's opening but I'd like to try and get there again for this. I might be able to get dropped off in the morning, though I'll have to see.

Re: TS Smiler Meet PART TWO: 25th May 2013

Hi guys,
I should be on park with some other friends but I would like to meet some of you if I could!

However I'm not sure what time we'll get there as it's a bit of a trek from Cardiff.

What is the official meet time/place?
Who is the group leader?
Can I have someone's (preferably named person above) phone number so I can find you if we don't get there until later and/or I can't meet up with you until later?

Re: Smiler Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

So I may be going Friday as well as Saturday... Does that make it meet part 1.5?

Fredward said:
So I may be going Friday as well as Saturday... Does that make it meet part 1.5?

That makes it the midquel between the original and the sequel ;)

Re: TS Smiler Meet PART TWO: 25th May 2013

Laura said:
Hi guys,
I should be on park with some other friends but I would like to meet some of you if I could!

However I'm not sure what time we'll get there as it's a bit of a trek from Cardiff.

What is the official meet time/place?
Who is the group leader?
Can I have someone's (preferably named person above) phone number so I can find you if we don't get there until later and/or I can't meet up with you until later?

Hey with it being the smiler opening weekend a most will be there early on probably 8.30 in splash landings hotel but I would be happy to give you my number to make it easy to find the group :)

Hahaha, 8.30! I don't think we'll make it til about 10-11am with a 6am start, plus some of my group need to pick up their APs. In that case we'll probably do the ride first and I'll see if I can find the group afterwards, wherever you might be.

How late are you likely to stay on park just in case time gets short with the queues and such? I know there's a few rides we 'need' to do as my friends have a new attraction backlog!