• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler will not open Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

Smiler Might Open Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

Okay, I won't be joining you lot tomorrow! Hopefully see some of you whenever the Smiler decides to open lol :p

Re: Smiler Might Open Meet PART TWO - Saturday 25th May

What upsets me the most, is not that its delayed, but the fact I am not going to get to experience it with all my friends on here at the same time. By messing around the opening date, people are unable to book time off work and are going to miss out, or go in smaller groups when they can get time off :(

Sad times.

Ian

I'm not going to this meet. Absolute farce and as much as I love spending the time with everyone, I can't justify so many trips until The Smiler opens

Since I'm only an hour down the road, still going, and still looking forward to it.
Disappointed naturally, but such is life, I guess - and it's an excuse for another meet in the non-too distant future; maybe they'll have it sorted in time for Scarefest :)

[And yes, I've been at work F5ing the Smiler status page all morning, not sad I can finally close it!!]

Oh yeah, and can we have an later meet-up point, please, 'cos like f**k am I setting a 6:00 alarm on a Saturday now :p :p

I will be aiming to arrive at around 10am ish tomorrow morning.

:)

I will probably go, but Im so annoyed about all this. So many people were looking forward to going and now the whole meet is falling apart due to people not wanting to go due The Smiler not being open (which I can fully understand).

Alton are really loosing money with this as I have only been about 3 times so far all season. If The Smiler was open back in March. I would be there most weekends and so would many others from this forum. Yes the enthusiasts only make up a tiny percentage, but I dare say we spend a fair amount each time we all go.

I shall still be there tomorrow, arriving around the 10am mark :)

I hate towers but I will be there it's a shame

I will not be in attendance since its a long distance and fuel money etc
Can only afford 1 trip so waiting for the smiler.

Who'll be turning up for ERT? Vez, Jenna and I will be.

I will be arriving for 10:00am at Splash. Either meet then or at the earlier time with the rest and we can all rendezvous on park.

I suggest somewhere around the Smiler for 10:15am.

josht said:
Rowe said:
I will be In splash for just after 8 so yeah :)

WAAAAAAIT, we'll be aiming to get on park within the 9am time frame instead so we may just cusp ERT!

Rowe said:
josht said:
Rowe said:

WAAAAAAIT, we'll be aiming to get on park within the 9am time frame instead so we may just cusp ERT!
It's the only time I can get there so will wait in splash

josht said:
Rowe said:
josht said:
Rowe said:

Get a couple of pints of beer whilst you wait! Then top up later at Woodcutters :p

Rowe said:
josht said:
Rowe said:
josht said:
Rowe said:

Get a couple of pints of beer whilst you wait! Then top up later at Woodcutters :p
Everyone is getting the wrong idea off me :)

Rowe said:
I will be there from 8 at the entrance (please dont go without me :))

as its my first meet I would be happier if I could have somebody's phone number who is going