• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Rob said:
BigAl said:
Well as much as I'd love to see someone try and put their head into a Dyson Airblade, someone has tried to put a dog into one.

0.jpg

:p

Haha that is actually brilliant!! Poor dog though, it probably didn't have a clue what was going on! :p

Haha! That's like animal cruelty! ;)

Re: Re: The Toilet Topic

Stevie said:
Maya said:
I was in the gloomy wood toilets last week, female, of corse, and saw they had a male cleaner? I really thought that was terrible :3

It does say outside the toilets.

"To increase regular clean ups and maintenance. Please be aware that both male and female cleaners may be present"

Or something along the lines of that.
:)

Thats normal in most places. They normally put a sign up stating that a male/female attendant is cleaning the facility. Happens everyday where I work so...

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I just come back from a chessy visit today and i noticed that in some of there toilets they have dyson air blades too!

It's worse when a female cleaner goes into the gents. At least you ladies do everything behind closed doors. Try standing there with your c0ck out while a woman is wandering round with a mop!

I once read an article that was aimed at those preparing for an OFSTED inspection, but seams relevant to this thread. Apparently, when someone spends a length of time in a new environment (ie, folk visiting Towers), their time (however short) spent indulging in base activities such as eating or going to the toilet, has a profound effect on the way that they recall the time spent in the whole environment.

The article therefore recommended that you should always maintain excellent toilet and food environments.

I have to agree with this. If I go to a hotel, I am far more likely to complain about the standards of cleanliness, than for any other aspect. Toilets that take ages to refill, cold water, a lack of soap etc.

Get these throwbacks sorted out and brought into the 21st century with HOT water and good hand dryers and a makeover for every block.

In the Tavern toilets at Mutiny Bay, they are cleaner than some other certain Tavern toilets. There, audio can be heard and I think they should be heard in other areas. A eerie theme for the Gloomy Wood toilets could be perfect if your about to enter the area. Or the Nemesis theme creeping round the other side.

Also I'd ditch the paper towels, vary the advertising around the toilets and have hot water and handryers and more foamy soap!

Stelios said:
In the Tavern toilets at Mutiny Bay, they are cleaner than some other certain Tavern toilets. There, audio can be heard and I think they should be heard in other areas. A eerie theme for the Gloomy Wood toilets could be perfect if your about to enter the area. Or the Nemesis theme creeping round the other side.

Also I'd ditch the paper towels, vary the advertising around the toilets and have hot water and handryers and more foamy soap!
The TST Tavern toilets are rubbish! Get this sorted, Ben!

On a serious note, I don't really have a problem with the toilets over Alton. I'm usually an in-out kind of guy, and don't stand there for hours upon end staring around the toilets, like many people on here seem to do...

Sure, it would be great to have themed toilets, but are they really necessary? It's a waste of money...
Then again, you never know, some of that £20 million for SW7 could go on theming the toilets where the supports are... ;)

Toilets make a huge difference to a day out.

Think of towers toilets compared to Drayton manor, Lightwater... London Eye..

I think most people here don't want themed toilets. just loos that are up to date, have hot running water and are warm on a cold day.

I think a good start would be just to fit self closing doors and heaters. and if they really want to splash out a new hot water boiler or two.

Is it too much to ask that your bum does not get iced to the seat ;D

Breaking news; the Mutiny Bay toilets had warm water on Sunday! I was shocked! :p

DiogoJ42 said:
It's worse when a female cleaner goes into the gents. At least you ladies do everything behind closed doors. Try standing there with your c0ck out while a woman is wandering round with a mop!

Whilst this has never happened to me at Towers, I have been unfortunate to have this happen at Camelot of all places. Shocked me quicker than any scare maze.

Toilet-wise, motion sensors in the toilets would be nice - and as it has been mentioned, Dyson Airblades wouldn't go too far amiss either.

There's an upmarket bar in London that has egg shaped toilets:

21006109_0198fdca1f.jpg

As far as I can remember they speak to you when you're inside. They're quite an experience and would make a great talking point. Perhaps something that could be placed in the hotels as apposed to across the park as I'm sure the cost is astronomical.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BG1mAsRKAc[/youtube]

Heh, as insane as those loos look, the ATH loos were refurbished fairly recently, and Splash has pretty nice ones too! The ATH ones always provide some amusement due to the 'magic talking mirror' on one wall.

I have always hated the toilets at alton towers.

When ever i go there is always at least on tap leaking water out with no one around it......which is a waste of water which would save alton money.

They are always really cold. Not pleasent for anyone!

No hot water...Never found hot water in one yet.

Hand dryers take ages...the airblades are needed.

Also loads of places are now getting waterless urinals. Why can't Alton get these again save on water.

I am sorry the Toilets are letting the park down and give a bad look on the park. Forget about theming the park can't afford that. Just something to make them nice again.

Give them a nice look that is easy to clean and maintain and they will last for years and cope with where they are.

AirFAN said:
There's an upmarket bar in London that has egg shaped toilets:

21006109_0198fdca1f.jpg

As far as I can remember they speak to you when you're inside. They're quite an experience and would make a great talking point. Perhaps something that could be placed in the hotels as apposed to across the park as I'm sure the cost is astronomical.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BG1mAsRKAc[/youtube]

I could see them in the spa or if a new tranquil area is created for SW8 on the Air Car Park. They suit the new Alton quirky advert well but would seem too costly.

I have just watch the video of the egg shaped loos and thought about sub terra.

Someone in the TowersStreet team was only talking last night that this topic needed bringing back! So here it is!

All (as far as im aware) of the toilet blocks in the theme park have now had their hand dryers replaced with much more powerful ones, similar to the ones you find in Wetherspoon pubs!

:)

I hear they are great for drying the crack of your bum in case of splash back!