• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide Appreciation Thread

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Shawn is a good lad. Many of us have known him far longer than he has been doing his videos - I remember seeing him at Mutiny Bay opening back in 2007 when he was just a kid.

His TPW project isn't my kind of thing (at all), but I am sure he very much enjoys it.

:)

I have no idea on this, but the issue for this particular fan group is that those involved in its operation become sort of mini-cult figures to those that follow it (mainly young people and/or children). As soon as this kind of status is achieved, things become difficult to manage. Whilst not the case for all, some egos will get bigger and then it's all downhill from there.

It's very different to the sort of community we're part of here on TowersStreet. I am not saying it's better or worse particularly, but it's certainly different and the celebrity/cult status that some of the so-called 'vlogstars' seem to have means that when issues arise it's not straightforward.

It isn't really an arrangement I would be comfortable with, and is certainly something more suited to youngsters than it is adults.

Make that blackjack, hookers, Risk, Lego, military uniforms, D&D, obscure words and expressions, and small kegs of obscure foreign lagers.
Hail General Diogo...
Praise the leader,
king of kings,
I salute you.

We will march on the Theme Park Worldwide borders at first light.
Oh fluck that, I forgot, I'm taking someone to the Towers in the morning.
Maybe next week.

Facebook said:
As of today, Dean will no longer be part of Theme Park Worldwide due to inappropriate behaviour which conflicts with our values. Deans contributions to the channel have been appreciated over the past few years, however as of today he will no longer be associated with Theme Park Worldwide
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Didn't get invited to as many events as the rest of the minion crew, so left.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.