• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

None of these channels are right or wrong, good or bad. Most of them have some sort of negative aspect of them, whether that may be calling other people names or recording on rides.

I know there are many out there that will look at Shawn and think instantly think "geek", but, to be fair to the guy, he is very friendly and always stops to chat, always polite, he used to do Christmas decorations on his parents house every year and donate the money to charity, last year they opened a shop and did a Father Christmas and Christmas shop for the local community, he's not a bragger, and he comes across as someone who genuinely enjoys theme parks and helping other people.

Given that is a lot younger than I am, doesn't drive, doesn't work full time, given how much he gets about not just in the UK but the world, fair play to the guy!!!

PS. Im not a superfan, or an avid follower of TPWW, I enjoy some videos, I dont watch them all, and some I turn off if I find them uninteresting.

TPWW videos reignited my love of Theme Parks during a difficult period of my life. I went back to Towers for the first time in fifteen years, solely because if Shaun's vlogs.

I also have TPW to thank for reigniting my interest in theme parks. A couple of years ago I took a break from work to work on various personal projects and in my spare time, I stumbled across the channel and have been hooked ever since. I find his vlogs easy to watch, insightful, and on the whole rather entertaining. As a result of his vlogs, I’ve visited PortAventura and Europa Park in the last year. I also bumped in to him at Winter Wonderland last Christmas and he was more than happy to have a quick chat, and seemed very down to earth. Fair play, and good luck to the geezer!

What I like about the TPW stuff is how Shawn somehow manages to get the atmosphere of the park into the videos, which is something that 90% of the vloggers fail miserably to do.
Shawn comes across as a genuine guy, who has a passion,, rather than somebody thinking that this is a route to stardom.

Whilst I believe the massive growth of Facebook pages and/or Vloggers has stunted quality online discussion (long live forums like this!) - Shawn is a class apart from the wannabes.

:)

Totally agree. Just watched his latest from Drayton Manor. He picked up on all the little improvements over last year. Made me want to go again.

On the subject of TPW, Shawn has now put this interesting-sounding appeal on to TPW's Facebook page:

I don't know about any of you, but this sounds like some sort of theme park game show or something...

Yeah doesn't sound like my cup of tea if it is that. Like I said I don't like all his content but I do like Shawn and the vlogs are mostly great. I also like the news show he does but only the first bit. I don't watch the merch bit and the rest as it doesn't interest me.

I'm not applying, as it's definitely the sort of thing I'd rather watch than participate in. Participating in something like that definitely wouldn't be my cup of tea either @Benjsh, but I wondered if anyone else on here would be interested in applying.

"Surprise unsuspecting members of the public", he should probably rethink that, most people nowadays don't appreciate being used as click bait and I'm sure some of the potential clientele of parks wouldn't think twice at belting someone using them in that manner.

Parks are also private property so he can't just scream YOLO and upload it to YouTube if the person said no, I know there would be people willing to sacrifice their dignity for their 15 minutes of fame, but there's a hell of a lot of us who don't. There's a reason Beadle's About got cancelled, and it wasn't through lack of viewers.

Shawn has today made an entrance into the world of theme park documentaries with this stunning documentary about American Adventure:

Fantastic documentary, and hopefully the start of a prosperous series for Shawn! Also taught me some things I didn't know about American Adventure!

Shawn has today made an entrance into the world of theme park documentaries with this stunning documentary about American Adventure:

Fantastic documentary, and hopefully the start of a prosperous series for Shawn! Also taught me some things I didn't know about American Adventure!

I really enjoyed this. Brought back some good memories and sad to see the park as it is now.

Well done Shawn

That is genuinely very good content, I'm not the biggest fans of vlogs and the sort but I really enjoyed that, this stuff appeals to me though. I wonder if he's filmed one at Pleasure Island seeing as he was there I think? Cant remember a park closing and the land being used for a park or reopening other than Southport and Dreamland. Wouldnt mind one on either of them too. ;)

Yeah, I really enjoyed that. You can tell the info isn't all sourced from Wikipedia, unlike some theme park 'documentaries'. I liked the comparison shots in particular.

I think he’s a very nice guy, and there’s nothing wrong with being geeky, but (in my opinion) he is just far too engrossed in to Theme Parks for me to watch his clips. Yeah, I have the cheek to say that as an enthusiast in an enthusiast forum, but it tires me out how it almost seems like there’s nothing else he does. Maybe he does have a life outside going to theme parks, I don’t know. But I agree that his content is kinda honest and ‘real’ compared to most of the fake “ITS JUST A PRANK BRO” “PRANK GONE WRONG, IN THE HOOD!!!!” “CHEATING ON GIRLFRIEND PRANK” crap

Did he actually lose his job at Towers then? I have not seen him there this season so I'm guessing he's not there in one way or another. I don't dislike Shawn from the bits I've seen of him, and by all accounts he's a nice lad. It's the hero worship from his minions that sits a little bit uncomfortably with me however. Hangers on etc. For many years I've seen Shawn dedicating a vast amount of time into his passion. I know this, not from subscribing to his channel or anything (because I don't), but from all of the comments about his content and very occasionally clicking on a few links to videos. He just seems like one of those guys who when he decides that he wants to do something he goes 'All In'. Some will like it. Some will not. I'm pretty much in the 'indifferent' camp. He could probably decide that he wants to start a blog about old biscuit tins and he'd do a good job of it. Probably helped that he was really into Towers, lived nearby and pretty much as soon as possible got a job there. This probably really pushed his enthusiasm onto another level. He's put the hours in though with regards to his various online stuff. Fair play to him.