• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

How does Alton Towers relate to this, out of interest? Is it the site where one of the acts took place?

Shawn / TPW are between a rock and a hard place now. Since there's a legal process underway there's very little he can say (even if he wanted to), otherwise it might prejudice any legal proceedings. However deleting the posts probably wasn't the best way to deal with it and makes it look like things are being swept under the carpet.

Nice to see the community out supporting others

There is a lot of finger pointing on social media at certain members of tpww. Maybe the posters have tried the correct route(filing report to police at time of incident) and haven’t got very far.
The new crappy music video that was posted yesterday by tpww seems to be the catalyst for the said posts.

It’s all a bit weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitchforks ahoy!

I think a lot of people are forgetting something like TPW is just a couple of amature people in their bedrooms knocking out videos. It's not a company with a legal department or a disaster response plan. They don't know what to do, no one is guiding them, they'll make mistakes.

As has been said, they're stuffed whatever they do. Respond and prejudice the case. Just stay silent and watch what they have built get destroyed over night as trial by twitter builds momentum over what are, at this stage, nothing more than accusations. Neither is a good option, even if deleting posts about seems like a worse one.

I don't know these goons, I've never watched more than a couple of minutes of any vlog, but with no accusations against Shaun I can't see that he deserves to have what he's worked for destroyed by allegations about one person on his team.

Believing the accuser and believing in the innocence of the suspect until proven guilty are not mutually exclusive. It's just being impartial, and it's how everyone should try to view the world. Fairly.

^ The trouble with that response is it isn't one person. It's an alarming pattern. It is (at least) the third time this has happened.

There has certainly been widespread evidence of the... questionable at best... actions of some of the individuals featured on TPWW.

The response in the past has been to phase those individuals out. But the trend of predatory behaviour is worrying and there is no smoke without fire.

^ The trouble with that response is it isn't one person. It's an alarming pattern. It is (at least) the third time this has happened.

There has certainly been widespread evidence of the... questionable at best... actions of some of the individuals featured on TPWW.

The response in the past has been to phase those individuals out. But the trend of predatory behaviour is worrying and there is no smoke without fire.
Agreed but why take to social media to vent these very serious allegations??

Seem a very strange place to bring this up! Maybe I’m getting old

I think this type of issue has been largely created by the fact that TPW is a huge group of people. Many people have appeared in Shawn’s videos in some form of role now, and quite a few have gained pretty high-profile roles in Shawn’s channel. I am aware that various issues have arisen in the past with some of the various stars of Shawn’s videos, and as with any group, there will be a very wide range of people. As Shawn’s social circle grows, I unfortunately think that the potential for issues like this grows with it, and Shawn’s ability to control things like this decreases.

With a huge group like TPW, there’s no way that Shawn himself can really effectively control what the regular stars of his videos do outside of the videos. He may be the figurehead of the channel, but he can’t really easily control what the other stars do. This type of thing may admittedly also be exacerbated by the amount of subscribers the channel now has, but I definitely think that the huge “community” nature that TPW has, along with its various stars, may definitely be a contributing factor.

If Shawn had kept the channel his own (pretty much like it was pre-2012 when Shawn ran Sanbrooke Productions), then I don’t think he would have anywhere near as many problems, even if the channel had grown to its present size. In all honesty, it wouldn’t bother me if Shawn went back to this style of video format and keeping himself as the main face of the channel, as I do actually find him a really interesting person to watch, and I think he makes some great content.

I mean, it could all be coincidence but it almost seems like it's happened a little too many times now for that. I understand a statement is difficult if the police are involved but why remove comments if you don't want it to look like you've got something to hide (even if you don't)? I think they should accept the criticism as the people getting frustrated are justified - it's a very serious matter. It just doesn't sit right how they've tried to approach it.

^ ... there is no smoke without fire.

There is. There is lots of smoke and no fire. Lots and lots of it. That phrase is the opposite of being impartial, it's the justification of using your own biases to form an opinion, and with it there is no presumption of innocence until proof of guilt.

Again, I know nothing about this lot or what has happened this time or before, but any investigation should run its course before punishment is dished out or judgements made. The pitchforking annoys me.

The issue is that by putting people on his channel and associating himself with them, Shawn gives these people a platform and status. Then what they choose to do with that is out of his control. And unfortunately Shawn has continued to support people and give them a platform after allegations have surfaced in the past, so he faces criticism, and rightly so.

The issue is that by putting people on his channel and associating himself with them, Shawn gives these people a platform and status. Then what they choose to do with that is out of his control. And unfortunately Shawn has continued to support people and give them a platform after allegations have surfaced in the past, so he faces criticism, and rightly so.
For example?

I was going to say; the main person I knew of that has had allegations against them is someone who Shawn has not had appear in the videos for some time (likely since the allegations against them came out).

I was going to say; the main person I knew of that has had allegations against them is someone who Shawn has not had appear in the videos for some time (likely since the allegations against them came out).
But that’s assuming Shawn new about these issues before posting a video with them.

If I made a channel (god forbid) with 5 mates. I’m sure there is some dark things in their history that may crop up. But would I be accountable?

And unfortunately Shawn has continued to support people and give them a platform after allegations have surfaced in the past, so he faces criticism, and rightly so.

... allegations... So anyone accused of something should be cancelled? Removed from an amature channel? No longer allowed any level of online profile?
Unless we are talking about criminal convictions (I gather we are not) it really isn't that simple.

There be no teachers left for a start!

Unless we looking at criminal convictions that's just not a fair way to go about things. It's how innocent lives get destroyed, and lost by suicide.

We are not necessarily talking about criminal convictions.

We are, however, talking about (at the very least) a trend of flirting with and asking for inappropriate pictures of underage girls. Not necessarily in this instance but certainly with the cases in the past.

I don't know if there was a criminal conviction but there was widespread evidence...

Is that acceptable? Especially considering the platform that the channel has, providing a pedestal that makes it easier for these people to target underage victims. The channel is hugely popular with children and at some point you have to take some responsibility.

Again, no idea of the criminal side of things, but there is sure as hell a moral obligation not to give these people a platform and vet them a little better.

Speaking hypothetically, I would not unironically describe a friend / colleague as creepy if I didn't have a deeper understanding of the issues at hand. More to the point that person would not be my friend.

Last edited:
If the allegations surround sending inappropriate messages to underage girls would you really wait for the police outcome and keep them in the lime light?

But that’s assuming Shawn new about these issues before posting a video with them.

If I made a channel (god forbid) with 5 mates. I’m sure there is some dark things in their history that may crop up. But would I be accountable?

May be not accountable but would you want to do videos with such people?

From what’s coming out of Twitter be it real or fake it’s obvious not helping them what so ever. I can’t see what route they will take next but what ever it is this will always follow them. Once the can of worms is opened then it all comes out in the end so only time will tell what happens. I for one really hope that the Facebook group chat message was faked that was horrid.