• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Go on it late evening (came off 8.19pm!) and throughout the queue they were giving out the warning that it may have to close down if it rains. We just made it - the ride closed about 10-15 mins later (although it wasn't actually raining 🤔

Go on it late evening (came off 8.19pm!) and throughout the queue they were giving out the warning that it may have to close down if it rains. We just made it - the ride closed about 10-15 mins later (although it wasn't actually raining 🤔

I was also in the queue last night and got on the second to last train before it "closed due to rain". The rain must've genuinely lasted about 2 minutes, yet they still immediately evacuated the queueline. It's staggering that this is allowed to continue given we live in the UK!

If they warning is "we MAY have to close because of rain", they know full well there is no "may" about it. That implies that they might, or they might not, when we know that's not the case. They really need to sort this issue permanently over winter, as with one coaster down next season, wouldn't fancy it being two because of a bit of rain.

I posted about the 13 announcements in another thread. I get they want to inform people but all it does is make people in the queue panic that they won’t get on, especially if you’re waiting over an hour for the thing. The announcements were overkill, it barely rained at all last night. Really is pathetic.

Just sitting near the exit to 13 waiting for my other half and eldest to come off and they are still making those rain announcements. According to my weather app there’s a 40% chance of drizzle at 1pm. Seriously.
Yeeee I don't think I'm bothering with Th13teen then unless if I do it at the start of the day

An idea, if its still the kick wheel issue with rain, could they not try and cover the 2 parts that have kickers? Not sure if they'd need planning to put scaffolding over them but it's a pretty cheap fix, and fits in with the wonderful scaffolding theming they have in that area.

That assumes the trims are there to prevent overspeeding into lift 2….

If that was the issue there are at least two places they could have trimmed closer to the 2nd lift hill.
Will stall with 17 guests on but not 18, yet can make it round the track with empty trains (with no trim braking)

The (de)forest(ation) section of the ride is poor, even if it wasn't trimmed it would still be pants.

That assumes the trims are there to prevent overspeeding into lift 2….

If that was the issue there are at least two places they could have trimmed closer to the 2nd lift hill.

It's the logical reason why they needed to trim the ride, it's not like it's a speed demon tearing itself to bits is it?

I believe speed in to lift 2 is not the only reason it needed trimming. Hence the trim on the first drop. It's been over 10 years now so I can't remember the exact details as to why this was the case.

It's the logical reason why they needed to trim the ride, it's not like it's a speed demon tearing itself to bits is it?

Without the trims and a full load it actually goes quite fast.

My understanding is it’s more related to the restraints and the type of speed and forces they are rated to be safe for rather than running into lift 2.