• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Lauren Singleton the press officer for Thorpe has shared these articles and I found them both a good read. The FT link covers more than just VR and Derren Brown. If you have a spare few minutes check them out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...reedom-and-our-love-affair-with-a7020851.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c1eac800-12e5-11e6-839f-2922947098f0.html#axzz48ROaRsTP

"The ride will open this month, with an official date yet to be announced."
Seemingly still optimistic for a May launch.

Rules for the train.
CiFc9e0XIAEi4eI.jpg

"if this is your first time riding Derren Brown's Ghost Train, you have to go first". they won't be able to enforce that rule for a long time, let alone straight away, as everyone who rides it will be riding it for their first time!

To be fair to Thorpe/DB the "Don't talk about Ghost Train" isn't necessarily a Fight Club reference. If you've seen any of Derren's shows, you'll know he's always extremely keen for others heading there not to have what goes on spoiled by others who've already been. In much the same way, he's not keen on this attraction being spoiled before people have had their first experience on it.

It's about as blatant a Fight Club reference as it gets. :p

Rule one and two is obvious, but the 8th rule is pretty much the same as Fight Club's 8th rule too. :p

What, no having to sign a legal waiver of your right to sue if you get too scared?

"if this is your first time riding Derren Brown's Ghost Train, you have to go first". they won't be able to enforce that rule for a long time, let alone straight away, as everyone who rides it will be riding it for their first time!
It doesn't matter, I doubt any of those rules (other than "don't touch actors") will be enforced. I doubt they really want people to keep quiet about it either, not great advertising really if people act like it doesn't exist ;)