• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

World's first Derren Brown ride, is that seriously what they're going with? :p

I don't think anybody should be judging this in advance. Everyone knows Derren Brown, some of his TV stuff is among the most enthralling I've ever watched - as an illusionist this ride could literally contain anything. They've done a good job of not leaking anything thusfar.

I can only assume @Alastair will be crying tears of joy at that news.

I think I've made my feelings on these persistent and boring revelations quite clear. Yawn.

What is the method to achieve the final clue? I would be extremely happy if somebody could help me. I can't anything at all. :D

You've posted three times about the clue now, I'm sure someone will help you if they know. But it comes across as spam if you keep posting it. I myself have no idea as I haven't been following the whole clues thing.

Thanks!

:)

You've posted three times about the clue now, I'm sure someone will help you if they know. But it comes across as spam if you keep posting it. I myself have no idea as I haven't been following the whole clues thing.

Thanks!

I am just so annoyed. I can not see a single thing and it seems from my perspective that it is being ignored. I really want to say I have completed the clues and I can not find a single thing when searching online via Google.

It seems a bit silly to me. For the first six clues, everybody posted what it was. However on the final one, everybody is so desperate not to tell anyone.

It seems a bit silly to me. For the first six clues, everybody posted what it was. However on the final one, everybody is so desperate not to tell anyone.

Probably because it is a competition and people want to win it, so don't want to help other people win instead of them.
The way to complete the clue is definitely in the "next stop" video, just search ;).

As I say, I really have no idea what the clues are for or anything however this thread is for discussion about the new 2016 attraction and not some competition so let's keep to that please. Feel free to help each other with clues via PM or other means.

Thank you.

They are both related. The clues give more info about the ride. There is a major prize if you get chosen for doing all the clues.

From a renown Merlin basher on this:

The name is perfect. The theme looks brilliant. It's taken 1000 people and DB's own team 3 YEARS to take this into physical form. It seems to blend many different aspects. It's LONG as an experience. It's innovative, intriguing and exciting.

There's absolutely no way that this man would accept anything less than something utterly bewildering and reality altering.

They basically gave DB 25 million quid or whatever to create a permanent attraction version of a Ghost Train. The name is MEANT to sound old and Victorian and will perfectly fuses what I expect to be the theme, and also the attraction. It's beautifully simple and works perfectly.

If you don't think DB can create something, fusing his frightening mind warping techniques (he is a MASTER that pushes the ethical boundaries IMO at times), and technology, and 25 million quid, 1000 people, and his close team then really I wonder what planet you're on.

If this is anything other than utterly brilliant I will be shocked.

Personally, would still prefer 25/30m spent on an absolute monster coaster, but "we need dark rides" is spouted so much, with budgets available in the UK, and space, I just fail to see how this is anything less than a seriously exciting prospect!

Be the first to pan it if it's crap though ;)

Bring this monster on I cannot wait!!

(And imagine it at Halloween?!?!)

Oh wow, TheMan! I thought you were dead, welcome back! :p

I agree that it is certainly a very exciting prospect and I look forward to it more each time some further information is revealed. I think it will be the type of attraction that is either incredible or absolutely pants!

Oh wow, TheMan! I thought you were dead, welcome back! :p

I agree that it is certainly a very exciting prospect and I look forward to it more each time some further information is revealed. I think it will be the type of attraction that is either incredible or absolutely pants!

Cheers, I think hahahah!

Yeah I agree entirely!

You're either going to walk out going, right, like going through a Scaremaze with no actors - ala, the Blair Witch thing or whatever it was at Thorpe, which basically was just a dark shortcut with a shed - wondering what it was about but only IMO, in this case, because the fusion of tech/experience doesn't work or quite gel - but when they don't work, you are left feeling "meh".

OR, it will be utterly brilliant - and even if you don't like the attraction, you can appreciate how brilliant the concept is.

I stand by the latter, but with that tiny little... it's Merlin lol... ready to pan it ;)

But I think, to make this fail will take more work than making it a success given the team and people involved.

I certainly don't share any of the concerns been raised on the thread about VR headsets etc, my ONLY one is will this unprecedented fusion work or just be a step too far for people to comprehend & appreciate properly.

DB though, THE master of this art.

It's going to be phenomenal.

Derren Brown has always created solid shows with high production values. So I have faith in this being the same, high quality with no details missed. Perhaps a good decision on Merlin's part given this is their first large scale dark ride attraction.

Regarding the suspended train. When I first read that you'll actually board it I thought 'illusion' straight away. It wouldn't be that hard. They can go as simple as mirrors, or have something a little more high tech involved to create the illusion.

I don't mind VR being a small part of this. What would you rather, white sheets with projections pointed at them while you sit? I'm not completely sold on VR although you do get a better and more immersive experience out of it than any projections of virtual worlds can offer you.

I'm thrilled they've gone with the HTC Vive, it has had great hands on reviews in the tech circles, so if used right they could be on to a winner using the Vive for this attraction.

I'm looking forward to seeing exactly how this attraction will fold out. Even though today's the 'big announcement', they really haven't given anything away at all...

I think from watching the video a few times:

Riders are going to board the train already with the VR headsets on...

And as the "ride" starts, the man is going to be sat amongst the riders and stand up and cause a scene and possibly disappear.

I think from watching the video a few times:

Riders are going to board the train already with the VR headsets on...

And as the "ride" starts, the man is going to be sat amongst the riders and stand up and cause a scene and possibly disappear.

To return at an unspecified and random point in some other ride. :D

Thorpe have posted a series of photos on Facebook showing how construction of the building has progressed from August through to January. Here is the January photo:

9571_10153755317260867_6221888745041396950_n.png

Got to admit, that looks rather good!

And so it should, they've had plenty of practice at dilapidation and ruin theming by now.

I think it's also incredibly safe to assume that when/if we board the suspended train, we'll actually be boarding something completely different to the set piece featured in the queue - with some clever uses of corridors to disorientate.