• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Well that wasn't at all awkward...

I wonder how much they had to pay the people in the video to say what they did?

:)

Rob said:

For the most part, they were talking about the 4D film, which is really quite good. I'm really getting sick of the hate on angry birds land, from people who are yet to have actually tried the rides. Sure, rip on the theming, but don't say its bad, till you try it.

HaydenCR said:
Rob said:

For the most part, they were talking about the 4D film, which is really quite good. I'm really getting sick of the hate on angry birds land, from people who are yet to have actually tried the rides. Sure, rip on the theming, but don't say its bad, till you try it.

You mean the new Dodgems and Cinema? Not exactly the most unique rides ever created are they? Even looking at a list of the effects located in the cinema doesn't really make the thing unique or special...

Benzin said:
HaydenCR said:
Rob said:

You mean the new Dodgems and Cinema? Not exactly the most unique rides ever created are they? Even looking at a list of the effects located in the cinema doesn't really make the thing unique or special...

You dun know how comfortable those seats are. The rides aren't special but they are enjoyable and of good quality. Unlike Storm Surge which is just a complete mess, ride and theming wise.....

If they had actually made an effort to use unique or customised shells for the dodgem cars, then I'd be inclined to agree with you. However they literally look as if they were taken off the fun fair circuit and had a cheap sticker slapped over the lights. That isn't good quality. This is good quality:

luigis-flying-tires.jpg

Regarding comfort, the seats on Nickelodeon Streak at Pleasure Beach are very comfy for example. That doesn't however mean the ride is of good quality.

HaydenCR said:
Rob said:

I'm sure the 4D is great but at the end of the day it is a 4D cinema, hardly something to get excited about. Dodgems are dodgems and it's clear that they have been done on the cheap. I like Detonator but this "re-theme" of it seems to be a few new signs, two boxes of TNT and one angry bird.

The whole area just lacks any imagination, effort or thought. I don't need to see the theming to know how poor it all looks. However I am visiting in a couple of weeks time so if after I've been I come back thinking that it is an amazing area with great rides I will happily hold up my hands and say I was wrong.

Danny said:
Regarding comfort, the seats on Nickelodeon Streak at Pleasure Beach are very comfy for example. That doesn't however mean the ride is of good quality.

The Tube seats retired from London you mean ;)

Poisson said:
Danny said:

The Tube seats retired from London you mean ;)

The old Blackpool trams more like ;)

After watching the video, are they really trying to claim that catapult tilting chairs in a 4D cinema are a 'world's first'?

::)

HaydenCR said:
You dun know how comfortable those seats are. The rides aren't special but they are enjoyable and of good quality. Unlike Storm Surge which is just a complete mess, ride and theming wise.....
10417829_10154236197760624_4577663726563562066_n.jpg

Ah yes. Much better than Storm Surge. (Thanks TPM).

American Adventure [R.I.P] was boasting sudden movements in its 4D cinema chairs 10 years ago. It's not an unheard of concept. Labelling every little nook and cranny of a project as "world's first" has gone beyond tiresome now.

thefatone said:
HaydenCR said:

Yes the presentation is crap. That's not my point. The ride is enjoyable. Storm Surge isn't. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

HaydenCR said:
thefatone said:
HaydenCR said:

Yes the presentation is crap. That's not my point. The ride is enjoyable. Storm Surge isn't. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The ride was enjoyable BEFORE it was re-themed to ABL.

Tom.B said:
HaydenCR said:
thefatone said:
HaydenCR said:

The ride was enjoyable BEFORE it was re-themed to ABL.

No it wasn't! It wasn't there!