• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Thorpe have released full details of this year's Fright Nights, and it seems this year there will be a whole-park theme:

Fright Nights is on Lockdown!

This Fright Nights you have been sentenced to serve time in the THORPE PARK Penitentiary, a dark and twisted prison facility where society's most dangerous and deranged criminals have been locked away never to be seen again. But beware, when the prison gates slam shut, who knows what's lurking in the shadows as the inmates run riot and take control.

Will serving time in THORPE PARK Penitentiary mean your life is put on hold or lost forever?

Alongside Experiment 10, The Curse, The Asylum and SAW Alive will be a new maze for this year, 'The Passing':

New for 2012, prepare to be tried, tested and sentenced to death in The Passing, a uniquely interactive, intensely horrifying experience that will terrify even the bravest of thrill-seekers to their core.

Using cutting edge techniques never seen before at THORPE PARK, you will experience the suffocating and claustrophobic terror of having your head confined and your sight removed by a hessian body bag as you face the unknown horrors of the after-life. Are you brave enough to book your time to die?

--------------------------------

As one of the darkest and twisted criminals to wreak havoc upon society, you are being tried, tested and sentenced to death. And that’s just the beginning of your suffering as the after-life will demand you brave the unknown horrors of The Passing in order to reach your final resting place.

Are you ready for your judgement day? As murderers, arsonists and kidnappers you must be brought to justice and pay for your crimes with your life. No one will escape The Passing and as you struggle for your last breath in this world, your nightmare will begin in the next.

As one of the dead you will be bagged and tagged, ready to face up to your own burial. Experience suffocating terror as you lay trapped in your own body, surrounded by the stench of fear with only your guilt for company.
The echoes of those who you have hurt will ring in your ears as you stumble through the after-life in search of salvation. Will you reach redemption and finally rest in peace or will you be left to rot deep underground for all eternity?

Brave enough to book your time to die now? Early bird tickets just £3 - LIMITED TIME ONLY!

Blimey :eek:. Definitely not for me...

Sounds like something The Dungeons would do.

I don't get what the £3 thing is... is it an up charge attraction? ::)

It'll certainly be good for the chavs to see what happens if you are a criminal! ;)

nickhutson said:
Sounds like something The Dungeons would do.

I don't get what the £3 thing is... is it an up charge attraction? ::)

It'll certainly be good for the chavs to see what happens if you are a criminal! ;)
No this is for the fasttrack they do for the mazes,I have been there twice.

No they seem to be charging for that maze this year, considering they also charge an extra £5 to get in on fright nights that makes FN as expensive as SF in practical terms

Indeed.

The current charge for the maze, when booked online is £3.

This price is "early bird" therefore not the full price. It will rise nearer the time and on the day!

Interesting.

Although this will be first year that I won't be attempting a new maze for Fright Nights! Definitely won't be brave enough to face it :p

They bigged up experiment 10 as much as though it was a stressful maze it wasn't too scary.

An extra £3+ for the maze, £5 to get in and an hour chopped off the end of the day? I'm really not feeling Fright Nights this year.

Thorpe Park

Dave said:
They bigged up experiment 10 as much as though it was a stressful maze it wasn't too scary.
Speak for yourself *shudders at memories* :S

Can they genuinely not retire The Curse yet, though? I would honestly prefer one maze fewer than have that embarrassment still knocking around :p

How on Earth will they do what they've said they will? Will you walk round in a body bag? Like a bin bag?

Also a side question, not that I have the guts for it, but how much is the cost for premium annual pass holders?

Its free to get into Frightnights with a premium annual pass, but if its like the towers scarefest you will have to pay for the new maze, last year Towers did sometimes offer annual pass discount but not all the time, so Thorpe may do the same.

Changing the subject completely to everyone's favourite Thorpe discussion point: ride downtime ;D

Obviously Slammer has been closed for months now, but recently Samurai joined in the lack-of-action and has been shut for over a week. I've no idea what's up with it, but most of the ride has been dismantled - all the pods have been taken off and part of the platform removed - whatever is going on it looks pretty major.

That does look fairly major and I can't see it being open again anytime soon. Thorpe don't seem to be doing very well lately!

I was at Thorpe Park today and I saw Samurai being dismantled throughout the morning.

However, at the end of the day, I saw a sign at Samurai's entrance saying something like this. (Sorry I didn't take a picture of it):

"Samurai is currently unavailable, but is currently being refurbished and will return next year for 2013!"

So it looks like Samurai is out of action for the rest of 2012, however the word "refurbishment" caught my attention on the sign.

Hmmm......

What's going on with Slammer now? Over on Thorpe Park Mania I've read that it has been covered in crack detection paint and has had work done on the arms and the columns. I don't know anything about it, other than the fact that I'll be riding it as soon as it reopens. :p

You would think with Thorpe losing Slammer, Samurai, Saw Alive, the railway and Time Voyagers this year, they would try and get at least one of them back open just to help with queues.

Railway and Time Voyagers are in no fit state to operate...

Slammer is absolutely buggered, and Samurai wasn't expected to be (although it's been dying for ages), the blame lies at the cost of operation (in the case of CCR), the lack of popularity (Voyagers, that and it's turd) and engineering issues for the other two...

Just means Fright Nights is going to be worse than normal... Big avoid from me during Half Term...

djtruefitt said:
You would think with Thorpe losing Slammer, Samurai, Saw Alive, the railway and Time Voyagers this year, they would try and get at least one of them back open just to help with queues.
With these rides down will certainly put strain on the other small rides seems like both Thorpe and towers have been having trouble through maintance