• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Odd, I find Colossus to be much smoother than Saw, Colossus is a bit rattly but Saw managed to give me a full on lump on my head after riding it. Maybe it was a bad day for Saw?

What part or saw do you have to brace for/how do you brace for it? Is it even possible to brace for colossus like you can for Rita?

What part or saw do you have to brace for/how do you brace for it? Is it even possible to brace for colossus like you can for Rita?
Saw: Brace at the bottom of the main drop, the dive loop at the end and sometimes after the first airtime hill.
Colossus is the cobra roll and sometimes the corkscrews.
It works better to keep your head away from the restraints as on Colossus they may as well be made of stone.

Pretty much all of the outdoor section apart from the airtime hill which is quite good. But especially the inversion after the brake run which would be bad even if it wasn't rough.

Brace all the way after the outdoor drop till the brake run on saw. There is no hope on Colossus just try and keep your head pushed back the whole time, especially on the corkscrews

Same. Think id keep my head forward if I do it again (head back didn't help at all last time). Didn't do saw, to scared of the drop last time.

Tbh I think the drop on saw feels a lot more tame than it looks, a bit of a disappointment. I'd definitely recommend going on it just for the indoor section though it's amazing

I didn't find Saw that rough to be honest, certainly no rougher than Smiler. My girlfriend was relieved that they had a sign to remove earrings on Colossus as that was a real head basher.

The real disappointment in Thorpe is the smelly (not so) rapids!

I really don't mind a bit of rough but the jolt on the bottom of Saw's drop is absolutely horrific. I find The rides level of discomfort up there with Furius Baco & Coaster Express.

I've never really got the big deal about Colossus roughness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbo on Palace Pier, not the most pleasant of rides.
Haha agreed, once you've been on that, Colossus, Corkscrew, Baco, and anything else you can name seem tame. Can't believe after all these years it's even still operating. For the record, I also don't find Colossus to be particularly rough, just keep your head forwards and brace, like on plenty of other rides.