• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Don't go with too high expectations and you will have a good day.
I hope the place is on good form when you go. There are some good coasters there and worth a trip to Thorpe.

Only been twice on Sun freebies,
off peak at the end of the season.
Had a great time both times.
Only one complete closure...stealth.
No queues and plenty of beer is the solution,
now, what was the question again?

Thorpe isn't as bad as some make out. Stealth and The Swarm are very good rides, Saw and Colossus are rough but not awful. Inferno is a bit bland and force less. Operations aren't Alton Towers standard but are generally decent apart from Colossus. You'll have a good day if the weathers good.

I don't se how it's so much worse than nemesis. It's the same type of ride made by the same company in parks owned by the same group with not a huge amount of time between them. Nemesis is so much better yet I don't see how, if anything, inferno is better themed (the volcano is alright and the dry ice cave is... nice if your not wearing contact lenses). WHAT MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE?

Nemesis Inferno is very much a by the numbers ride. There's no force until specific points. Nemesis has sustained forces throughout the layout compared to Inferno with spikes of forces.

The only bits of Inferno that are decent are the final helix and the pre lift when there is loads of mist.

I think it's because Inferno is very methodical in its layout. It has the standard B&M invert layout, Loop, Zero G, Corkscrew x2 it feels very controlled, a ride designed by a board. While it's not bad it doesn't excite me personally and I think the use of Nemesis in its name doesn't do it any favours among enthusiasts, if it was just Inferno it wouldn't be disliked as much.

Nemesis on the other hand was ground breaking, doesn't follow the normal B&M layout, has strong forces throughout the ride and interacts with scenery and the ground much more.

I know. I never said it's a bad ride. It just can't stand up to nemesis.

I think the name effects the comparisons between the two (don't see too many people comparing oblivion and oblivion: the black hole though EDIT: I realize that that might be because one is in Italy), but it isn't wrong to compare the two like it might be to say nemesis is better than RMT (where they are totally different rides for different audiences), they are essentially the same ride, just one executed so much better.

Sorry if this makes no sense. I'm in no state to communicate with people right now :p