• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Or you could give the money to someone on ebay who has already bought the paper. Get to choose the date as well if you do it that way.

Or you just go in a shop and take a photo of the code on the back... I may or may not have done this the past 2 years.

Anyone know what's up with Stealth, I don't think it's hot enough for it to be closed due to heat.

This won't tell you why but maybe it's suffering a few recurring niggles. It was closed until 3 on Saturday, so I had a nose through twitter/forums and it appeared to open late a few times last week as well. Not sure it's the heat, as last year I went on a hotter day than Saturday and stealth ran for most of that day. I don't think it's cost saving either as they would have made loads in fast track on Saturday.

Are you on site for Stormzy's birthday bash?

When I went on last Monday, for the first time, Stealth repeatedly broke down, we counted 5 times throughout the day, I also thought operations were awful, much prefer Alton Towers.

Didn't really know where to put this, but question regarding visiting thorpe and chessington:

I'm going to visit thorpe and chessington Saturday-Tuesday. I have a day and a half at each park, with the first half day being thorpe and the last half day being chessie (unchangeable). Is it best to do thorpe/chessie/thorpe/chessie, or thorpe/thorpe/chessie/chessie? I know this is probably the most pointless question ever asked, but my brother won't shut up about it and I'd rather queue as little as possible with him ;)

Don't have a choice there. Two days at each park unfortunately. Would much rather have longer at thorpe, but sadly I'm the only person in my group that prefers thorpe to chessington.

Do you really need more than a day at these parks? Even if you don't get everything done that you want to, at least you'll only have 1 day of misery rather than 2 at each park! :p

Do you really need more than a day at these parks? Even if you don't get everything done that you want to, at least you'll only have 1 day of misery rather than 2 at each park! :p
Like I said before, I didn't book hotels, my parents did. They seem to love chessington, thinking it is better than any Park they've ever been to (they have both been to phantasia*). I could easily spend two days at thorpe, depending on breakdowns or long queues. Chessington will be much harder to cope with, but at least I should get vampire, fury, rattlesnake, and a final ride on bubbleworks done.

*no one in my family seems able to grasp a basic concept of a good theme park. They think CATCF was a better dark ride than hex.

And the sad thing is that Merlin listen to those numbskulls for what they want, no disrespect to your family ofc.
Yes, they are the reason merlin can build something like laser raiders and still make a profit. I base most of my GP opinions on what they say.

So when Alton Towers reopen CATCF and remove Hex we know who to blame, @Leah ;)

If I were you I would do Thorpe/Chessie/Thorpe/Chessie, at least then it's a mixture and you don't get fed up after two days in the same park.

Thanks every one for fast responses. Think I'll do thorpe / chessie / thorpe / chessie. Not only will it mix the days up a little and mean I won't be spending two consecutive days at chessington, but there's more chance of stealth being up the longer I leave it.

I messaged thorpe on Facebook earlier regarding stealth. Looks like they don't expect it to open over the next few days, and it's been down a while. Slammers working again though. Hope it stays open, looking forward to doing it to see if there's a reason it's the only one in the world ;)

Bloody great ride.
Had my first go on it last year,
proud to say... no hands!
Get on it quick before it breaks down for good.
Probably the best flat I have ever ridden.