• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Delightful exchange on the Twitter this afternoon. I wish Thorpe were always this sassy with painful enthusiasts.

laFFtah.jpg

Looks like the media team forgot to log out of twitter and the office cleaner decided to have some fun.

Thorpe's social media team do like to have some fun, although they've not yet reached Universal Orlando levels! Or Tony Clark levels for that matter!

:)

Reactions: pj
They'll probably get in trouble for that and it's a shame, because that is excellent and completely the right response.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thorpe often reply with quite sarcastic replies, it's quite nice compared to the none personal replies that other parks often use.

Ha how refreshing. The usual "we cannot give any further information at this time" type response is so overly protective from parks, nice to see some humour. How long until people realise Twitter isn't the place to get information ..

As someone who's not a big flat ride fan, I will miss Slammer, it was one of the only flat rides I love as it didn't make me feel a tad sick. I'll be sad to see it leave personally.

As someone who's not a big flat ride fan, I will miss Slammer, it was one of the only flat rides I love as it didn't make me feel a tad sick. I'll be sad to see it leave personally.
Agree entirely. I would like them to play a little more on "Your fray with Slammer has come to an end".

Also, there is a planned closure of Stealth Monday - Thurs next week.

Last edited:
Stealth seems to have way more down time than Rita. On most of my visits it's either closed all day or spends half the day closed.

Stealth seems to have way more down time than Rita. On most of my visits it's either closed all day or spends half the day closed.
Apart from today when it was closed for 20 mins all day. DBGT however was closed until 530 then opened for the last 30mins of the day :mad: we'll done Thorpe I say :mad:

Apart from today when it was closed for 20 mins all day. DBGT however was closed until 530 then opened for the last 30mins of the day :mad: we'll done Thorpe I say :mad:
Desmond Brown's Disappointment Express didn't run at all today... As much as I defend Thorpe, it is rather worrying that they still haven't nailed this.

It wasn't exactly a hot day either, peaking in the mid-20's, lord help them in the height of summer.

How many rides can you expect to get on when it's a peak day in a the summer holidays. Might have to make a return trip on a quieter day if the summer is horrendous.